QuickBooks Error 12038 is a technical error that generally occurs for several reasons; one of them occurs due to update failure of the QuickBooks, and another one is QB services is being blocked by the security.
There are more reasons which lead to this error 12038, which we are going to resolve in the blog. So, users go through the blog carefully; it will fix all your issues related to this error.
If you don’t have much time and want to fix your QuickBooks Error 12038 quickly, you must contact us on our toll-free number +1(800) 280-5969 without wasting your time; our QB pro advisor expert will fix it immediately.
What is QuickBooks Error Code 12038?
Sometimes, while working on the QuickBooks application, you face technical issues like Incorrect dates and times set on your computer or unstable internet, which lead to QuickBooks Error code 12038. As an impact, the QB application starts freezing; it may also stop responding to user submissions; even a corrupted installation file could lead to this error. So, go through this blog to fix the error.
Possible Cause that leads to Error 12038
We have mentioned below all the possible causes that may lead to Error code 12038. So, read the points carefully to know your reason:
- This error occurs because the wrong date and time are set on your computer.
- Multiple QuickBooks versions are installed on the computer is one of the leading causes of this issue.
- An inconsistent internet connection or if QB does not identify your internet service.
- At last, security or Firewall blocking QuickBooks services to launch.
We hope after going through these points which have easily find yours. So, now go through the below-mentioned solution to fix yours.
Note- If you feel that you can’t resolve it on your own through this blog, then, without wasting your precious time, contact our pro advisor; they will fix your issue in minimum time.
Important key points
We have mentioned below the important Key Points before Resolving QuickBooks Error Code 12038 –
- Most devices have the download accelerator installed on them to speed up any download process on the device. Before downloading the QB updates, you must disable them as it could damage the software.
- Make sure the internet speed that your connection is providing is not less than 28.8 kilobits per second (Kb/s).
- In several browsers, parental controls are enabled for safety. Turn them off before you update QuickBooks.
- An essential thing to remember is to create a company file backup before achieving any resolution method.
Fix QuickBooks Error code 12038 Permanently
If you follow all the solutions which have mentioned below, then the QB pay QuickBooks Payroll Error 12038 can be erased forever through following all the hacks, in which we shall check the internet strength, the date and time of the firewall settings and perform a manual update–
Solution 1: Check The Date and Time
- First of all, go to the system clock and make a right-click on this tab.
- Then click on Adjust Date/time.
- Now make required changes in the date and time by clicking the ‘Change date and time’ tab.
- After that, you have to make a double click on OK.
- At last, try to reopen the QuickBooks after closing it once.
Solution 2 – Verify your Internet Service from QuickBooks
While running QB application users need strong internet service, it is essential that the services in not broken as it could directly inhibit the entire software.
- Firstly, close the QB application and open a web browser on your screen.
- Visit the Chase banking website and check if you are able to access the page without any issues.
- If not, get in touch with your internet service provider to fix it right away. Or else, proceed to the following steps.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and tap on the Help button.
- From the given list of options, click on Internet Connection Setup and then choose “Operate my computer’s Internet connection settings to show a link when this application accesses the Internet.”
- After that, hit the Next button and go to the Advanced Connected Settings.
- Now, in the Advanced section, choose the Restore Advanced Settings option.
- Press the OK button and finally, hit Done.
- At last, go back to QB and download the available updates.
Solution 3 – Reconfigure the Security and Windows Firewall Settings
The interruption caused by misconfigured firewall settings can provoke many errors, just like QuickBooks 2021 Error 12038. Follow the instructions to create exceptions for QB files in Firewall. Also, ensure that Ports 80 and 443 must be enabled –
- First of all, hit on the Windows icon and type Microsoft Firewall.
- Select the Windows Firewall option to be directed to a new window.
- Here, click on Advanced Settings and then go to Inbound Rules.
- Right-click on it and choose the New Rule option.
- Tap on Program, press Next. Tap on This Program Path and press Browse.
- Choose the executable files given below and click on Next. You must create this rule for all the listed files separately –
- Press the “Allow the Connection” button and click on Next.
- Now, all the displayed profiles should be marked. If they are not, you must select them and hit Next.
- Finally, create the rule by naming it in the format “QBFirewallException(name.exe).”
- Follow the above steps to create Outbound Rules also.
Solution 4 – Numerous versions of QuickBooks.
QuickBooks error 12038 arises when your system has more than one QuickBooks.
To fix this:
- First of all, Go to the QuickBooks downloads and update page.
- Select the country.
- Choose products like QuickBooks pro etc.
- Select the version.
- Click Search.
- Move ahead to get the latest updates.
- In the end, Follow the steps you see on the screen to install QuickBooks’s most delinquent release.
Thus, to fix QuickBooks error 12038, you must ensure that your system has secure internet correction. Also, add QuickBooks to the firewall’s exception list.
For better result use- QuickBooks File Doctor
We hope that your issues are resolved through this complete blog you are facing. We are hopeful the step mentioned above guides you thoroughly on how you can solve this glitch. If you have any doubts or quarries on that, please reach our customer service tech specialist at +1(800) 280-5969 to respect working hours.