QuickBooks Error 1712 generally occurs when one or two Windows components are missing; it also happens when the QuickBooks program freezes. However, there are some more causes that lead to this error which we are going to discuss later. Nowadays, QuickBooks is one of the best accounting software globally; its multi-features provide accounting with ease. All you need to do is obey the instruction of this article till the end to get rid of QuickBooks Error 1712.
In this article, we discussed everything about error 1712 thoroughly, like the cause for its occurring and how to troubleshoot the error. So, if you want to know about error 1712, stick to this article till the end.
What is QuickBooks Error 1712?
It is a technical error that appears when specific changes are made to the software within the same system. And it comes up with an error message pop-up on your Display as: –
“We’re sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. Error 1712. One or more than one file required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Therefore, the repair will not be possible.
There are a few more reasons which lead to QuickBooks error 1712. We have given all the possible causes and solutions in the below-mentioned steps.
What are the Symptoms of this Error Message 1712?
Here, we have mentioned some more possible causes behind this error. So, without wasting your precious time go through the reasons carefully.
- While you install QuickBooks without un-installing the previous QuickBooks version.
- You get the blue screen on Display because of this error
- You have damaged data files on your QuickBooks desktop.
- Some registry errors or corruption in your software.
- The version you are using to sign in on Windows does not have administrative rights for the installation.
- HTTP errors may also occur.
- Some harmful software such as adware, spyware, and viruses attack.
- The laptop or system is not working correctly.
Before moving into the depth, you can try out the below quick steps initially:
- First of all, restart your system.
- Use the task manager to close all QB versions running in the background.
- At last, try to install the software one more time.
Effective steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 1712
Here, we are going to fix this error with 5 easy steps, so follow the instructions carefully; after following, you will be free from this error.
Step: – 1 Download & Install QuickBooks Desktop
Download QB desktop by following the instructions mentioned below and then install it,
First of all, visit the QB versions download resources page: https://downloads.quickbooks.com/app/qbdt/products. After that, move and choose the change option. Now select and click on the Product version, selecting your preferred version in the version column. In the end, choose and click on the download button.
Step: -2 Track the application data in the registry
- At first, search for regedit.exe
- After that, enter the path HKEY_CURRENT_USERSSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerUSer Shell folders.
- Now hit a click on the entry AppData twice.
- Once done with that, you need to change the original value with the local profile path.
- The final step is to reopen QuickBooks and then detect the errors.
Step: – 3 Download & Install the QB Tool Hub
At first, close QuickBooks software if it is opened, then download the QB Tool Hub with the latest version to your windows computer and save the downloaded file in the default location that is downloaded.
Then, go to the file, open it, and double-click on the .exe file to begin the installation. After that install wizard opens up and shows you things you have to do to install it, so follow the instructions when it’s done, then click on the Finish button next, move to the Desktop screen, double-click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open the tool now you have to run the following tool to fix the issue one at a time. If the problem resolves, then no need to run another tool.
Run Quick Fix My Program from Tool Hub
- In QB Tool Hub, click on the Program problems if you have issues related to your Program.
- After that, select the Quick Fix My problems tool.
- It scans the Program and then fixes all the problems.
- Then retry installing QuickBooks in your system.
Run QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
- In QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Go to the option Installation issues.
- Then run the tool QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
- This diagnoses the problem and then fixes it so that you can quickly go with your workflow in QuickBooks.
- You are done installing and opening QuickBooks to check for errors.
Step: – 4 Restore Windows Registry Errors by using Program Install and Uninstall Trouble-shooter.
First of all, download Program Install and Uninstall Trouble-shooter by Microsoft, then open the downloads of your computer and double click the Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall Trouble-shooter a file; after then, tap the Advanced link on the program window then go to the check-mark then Apply repairs checkbox automatically and click Next Click Installing and select QuickBooks from the list of programs then, hit the Next and then follow the instructions to complete the repair process, at last, once the repair is completed, try to reinstall QuickBooks and if the error persists, follow the following troubleshooting step.
Step: – 5 Add the Windows user with Admin Rights
This is the last step to remove QuickBooks Error 1712, so go through it carefully,
- First of all, in your Windows system, Open the Windows Settings.
- Press the Windows + I button together to open the settings
- Go to the power button in the Start menu, then click on the Gear icon to open Settings.
- Access the Windows Settings window on your computer
- Go to the option Accounts.
- Now, hit on the Other People or Family option.
- Select option Add someone else to the computer.
- You don’t have to mention the email address if it asks you to enter the email address.
- You must click on it; instead, I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.
- You will see an option Add a user without a Microsoft account; then click on this option.
- Make a new username and password for this new user.
- Hit on the Next button to continue
- Create this new local account as the Administrator
- After this, click on the Local tab you just created on the page of the same account settings.
- Choose the Change account type option.
- In this, transfer the user from the Standard to the Administrator.
- Click on the OK button and proceed further.
- Restart your QuickBooks Desktop program
- In the End, Open the company file and check for errors.
In this article, we have discussed all the possible points that can be the reason for QuickBooks Error 1712; after going through this article mentioned above, you will quickly solve your error step by step. However, if you are still struggling while performing the steps, please call our certified QuickBooks professionals at our toll-free no +1(800) 280-5969. Without wasting your precious time.