QuickBooks error 9999 is a script error that can block your internet connection to your Bank and QuickBooks Online. When it occurs, the computer starts hanging, works slow as usual, or just stops responding.
QuickBooks is a multi-feature accounting application that offers the smart function to run your business and all the accounting functions in simplified manner. However, sometimes, while working in the application, users may face some common errors, which we are going to resolve through this Blog.
To get quick response we recommend you to connect QuickBooks ProAdvisor at Toll-Free Number +1(800) 280-5969 and avail with brief guidelines.
What is QuickBooks Banking error 9999?
QB banking Error 9999 is an common error that you may come across while refreshing your Bank details. Usually, this error pops with an error message that states Apologies; we can’t refresh your record. Unusual as it may sound, Error 9999 QuickBooks is a common error. This means lots of users face this error. Yay! You are not the only one who is worrying.
Well, stop worrying, We came again with a set of effective solutions to get rid of this error. All you have to do is follow our lead and perform the tasks. In this article, we will discuss QB banking error 9999 in detail. This includes the causes, indications, and the quickest methods to resolve it easily.
Causes related to QB error code 9999
There are a lot of reasons that can lead to this QuickBooks Banking Error. Let’s have a look at what they are.
- Your internet connection may not be stable.
- The Bank’s server and the Intuit server might be having issues while connecting.
- Your windows firewall can be causing abstraction for the working of QuickBooks.
- The antivirus can block the connection.
- The cookies in your browser also have an impact on this error.
What are the indications of Error 9999?
- You will not be able to connect with your Bank if you are a QB online user.
- The browser you are using might get delayed or slow down, and it gets freezes with no response is one of another indication.
- While getting error 9999, you will face a pop-up message “Sorry, we can’t update your account. Please try updating again later.”
Now, we hope you have identified your causes of error code 9999 QB online; let’s resolve this error through the mentioned below.
Note: In case this error still occurs, You can take help from our IT professional at any time, or you can contact us directly by our toll-free number +1(800) 280-5969 without wasting your precious time.
How to Resolve QB Error 9999?
Follow the below-mentioned step to resolve this error efficiently:
Solution 1: Clear the web cache files
For the Google Chrome web browser
- Firstly, open the Google Chrome web browser on the system.
- Then, type chrome://settings/clearBrowserData in the search bar and hit the Enter key.
- After that, go to the Clear browsing data window checkmark the Cached images and files checkbox.
- At last, hit on the Clear data button to clear cache data.
For the Internet Explorer web browser
- Open the Internet Explorer web browser and then press Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys simultaneously on the keyboard.
- On the Delete Browsing History window, checkmark the Temporary Internet files and website files checkbox.
- At last, hit the Delete button.
Solution 2: Re-submit the bank account in the QuickBooks online application
- At first, sign in to the QuickBooks online application.
- Choose the Banking tab from the left panel.
- Click on the blue tile at the top for the bank account you want to re-establish.
- Now, click on the Pencil icon (edit option) on the selected bank account tab.
- On the Account window, checkmark the Disconnect this account on the save checkbox.
- At last, hit the Save and Close button.
- Again, select the Banking tab from the left panel.
- Next, click on the Add Account option (located at the upper-right corner of the screen).
- Now, paste the URL of the Bank’s website in the search field.
- Under results, click on the Bank.
- Type bank account login credentials such as username and password.
- At last, click on the Connect button.
Solution 3: Download and install the QB Tools Hub
This tool will help you out to fix this error 9999
- First of all, close the QB application if it is open.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub file then, save it on the desktop.
- Once you have downloaded it, open QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, follow the onscreen instructions to install it, and once it is completed, click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open it.
Solution 4: Report the issue
- The first and foremost thing you want to do is to report directly from the error message that has popped on your screen.
- Click on Report issue.
- Next, on the banking transaction page, you have to fill in your name and email address.
- Now, click on submit.
- Hopefully, you will be assisted by the tech team in just a matter of time.
Solution 5: Backup key
- Firstly, open your start menu.
- In the search bar, type in command while holding the Ctrl+Shift keys.
- You will see that a permission dialog box will appear on the screen. You have to simply click on Yes.
- Now, you will notice a black box with a blinking cursor appearing on your screen.
- You have to type Regedit and hit the Enter key.
- Simply select the Error 9999 pertinent key you wish to backup.
- Navigate to the File menu and select export.
- You have to simply save the backup key by typing in a name in File Name.
- Hit the Save button. Ensure to save the file with .reg extension.
Solution 6: Configuring firewall Settings
Fluctuating the firewall settings can actually help in resolving Error 9999 Quickbooks. This is because the Firewall tends to create a blockade in the functioning of Quickbooks. You just have to perform the below-given instructions to do it.
- The very initial thing you need to do is to open your default browser.
- Next, click on tools and go to firewall settings.
- Now, within the firewall settings, select exceptions.
- Finally, you will have to include these exceptions in your Firewall.
We have discussed above all the possible ways to resolve the error 9999, and we hope that you have easily resolved this error by going through this Blog.
It is discernible that facing QuickBooks error 9999 in online banking is quite irritating and might divert the entire business workflow. However, suppose you are still unable to download the latest bank transactions in QuickBooks online even after implementing the previous troubleshooting steps resolving QuickBooks error 9999. In that case, we advise you to get in touch with our QuickBooks error experts at +1(800) 280-5969 and get the error resolved instantly.