This issue can trigger while installing QuickBooks on your system, or you might face because .Net framework. QuickBooks Error 1903 is a common error that can also be categorized as a runtime error. It is an irritating error; it has several ways to occur, like the Windows issue or wrong QuickBooks installation.
QuickBooks is known as the world’s best accounting software, but while using QB, we face some common errors. Through this article, we are going to fix this error quickly.
If you want to solve this issue yourself, follow the solutions given below that accounting professionals provide. Furthermore, if you have any trouble fixing this issue in that situation, contact our pro adviser by dialing our toll-free number +1(800) 280-5969.
What is QuickBooks Error 1903?
This error usually occurs when QuickBooks needs some component to run, but they are unavailable because of the damaged windows files. Well, this particular error falls under the category of installation errors, or you might face a similar issue as the .NET Framework.
What are the Causes behind QB Installation Error 1903?
In the below points, we have discussed all the possible causes that lead to the 1903 error:
- The first one is the root cause of such an error is the wrong QuickBooks installation.
- QuickBooks error code 1903 is the existence of a damaged or corrupted Windows component in the computer device.
- You might also end up in this runtime error when there are issues with the Microsoft .Net framework.
- Another reason is if the components required are damaged, including Microsoft MSXML and C++ files.
Some Easy Steps to Fix Error Code 1903?
In the below-listed steps, we have successfully given all the possible reasons which can quickly resolve QuickBooks error message 1903.
Step 1 – Remove the Bugs in the Microsoft .NET Framework.
Microsoft programs are essential in a computer device, especially when QuickBooks is installed. Any damage in these programs directly affects the functioning of QB. In this method, we shall fix the same –
- Close all the applications and programs that are active on the device.
- Now, click on the Windows icon and move to the search space in the Start menu.
- Type Control Panel and select the option to open a new window on the screen.
- Tap on Programs and Features and then Uninstall a Program.
- Select and “Turn Windows features on or off” option.
- You will see a list of programs displayed on the screen, select .NET Framework from the list.
- Now, you must perform the following steps for the following variants of the .NET Framework –
a. .NET Framework 4.5 (or later)
b. .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
i. Verify if the box for .NET Framework 4.5 (or later) is pre-selected.
ii. If not, tick the box and press the Save button.
iii. Reboot your computer and check QuickBooks.
iv. If the box is ticked, you must de-select it and press the Save button.
v. Restart your computer and open the same window again.
vi. Now, at last, select the box, hit Save, and restart your computer.
Step 2 – Use QB to install the diagnostic tool from the tool’s hub program.
Method 1: Download and install the QuickBooks tool hub
- First, you are supposed to download the QB tools hub and head to the download by pressing the ctrl + J keys.
- You now have to click on QuickBooksToolsHub.exe under the downloads list.
- Furthermore, click on yes to permit this app to make changes.
- Later on, click on after installing it and also click on yes again for accepting the license agreement.
- You would then have to click on next and then install.
- After the installation is complete, you are suggested to click on the Finish tab.
- End the process by opening QuickBooks Tool Hub
Method 2: Run QuickBooks install the diagnostic tool
- At first, you would rather have to open the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Furthermore, head to the installation issues tab and click on the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- This might take some time to configure.
- Later, click on yes to accept the license agreement.
- With that click, proceedto start repairs on the QuickBooks desktop components.
- Summing up the process, reboot the system.
Step 3 – Perform a Quick Fix for Microsoft MSXML Component
- Select and hold the Windows and R keys together on your keyboard to bring up the Run window.
- Move to the search box and write Control Panel.
- Press the OK button to get towards a new window.
- Now, click on Programs and Features and then select Uninstall a Program.
- When a list of programs appears on the screen, search and select MSXML 6.0.
- Hit the Uninstall/ Change button on top and press OK.
- When asked to choose between Remove or Repair, you need to choose Remove.
- Follow the upcoming on-screen instructions and complete the uninstallation process.
- After this, you need to visit the official website for Microsoft and look for the latest available version of MSXML 6.0.
- Download its msxml.msi file and save it on your desktop for quick access.
- Double-click on the downloaded file and perform the tasks that appear on the screen.
- Once the MSXML 6.0 component is successfully reinstalled, reboot your system.
You must also reinstall QuickBooks and check if the error is fixed for better performance.
Step 4 – At Last, update Windows and Reboot your system in Selective Startup mode.
- To update the windows, you should right-click the start tab and choose the settings option.
- Furthermore, click on update and security.
- Go for the windows update section.
- And, click on check for updates.
- If the updates are available to download, it will start installing automatically.
- Reboot the system now.
Reboot your system in selective Startup mode
- This process requires you to press Windows + R keys from the keyboard, and a run box will appear on the screen.
- It would help if you then typed MSCONFIG into the run box and hit the OK tab.
- Under the General tab, you would have to go for the selective startup option and ensure that load startup items options are unchecked.
- Furthermore, hit the OK tab.
- If asked to, click on the reboot tab.
- You now have to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks desktop.
Note: Get your system back to normal startup mode by performing the steps below:
- Kick start the process by pressing windows +R to open a run window.
- Furthermore, type MSCONFIG into the run box and hit the OK tab.
- Choose a typical startup.
- Also, click on the apply tab and hit OK.
- Reboot the system, and you are done with the process.
In this article, we discussed all reasons to fix QuickBooks Error 1904; if you are still struggling to resolve this error after going through these steps, we suggest you kindly contact our technical expert on the toll-free number +1(800) 280-5969. They will fix your problem and save your precious time.