TurboTax Error Code 1921 can occur on the screen while updating the application to the latest version. Once the error occurs, users won’t be able to take advantage of the improved features of TurboTax Software. The possible cause of the TurboTax Error Code 1921 is a virus threat to your system.
In this article, we have mentioned some solutions and possible causes to get rid of the TurboTax update error.
What is TurboTax Error Code 1921? (In Layman’s Term)
When TurboTax Error Code 1921 occurs, users won’t be able to use the advanced features of the application. When TurboTax Update Error occurs, it comes along with an error message that says, “Error 1921: Service ‘Intuit Update Service’ (IntuitUpdateService) could not be stopped. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system services”.
- Error Name– TurboTax Error 1921
- Error Number– Error 1921
- Description- Updating Error Code 1921
Before you proceed to find out the troubleshooting solutions for TurboTax update problems, it is vital to find out the possible causes and symptoms of the QuickBooks Online Error 1921.
Few Crucial Symptoms of Runtime error code 1921
Below mentioned are some of the primary and hidden symptoms of Runtime error code 1921.
- When Smart byte Error 1921 occurs, the active program window crashes.
- The error can crash your system.
- Once the error occurs, you will find a notice display on the screen stating “TurboTax Error 1921”.
- Your Window will begin to run slowly.
- Your mouse and keyboard will run slowly because of TurboTax Error 1921.
- Even your system will stop working or freezes for a shorter period of time.
What are the possible causes of Intuit update service error 1921?
Intuit update service error 1921 can appear on the screen due to several reasons.
- The corrupt download of the application can lead to error 1921 TurboTax.
- Updating error code 1921can occur due to a virus or malware attack on your system.
- Accidental deletion of crucial TurboTax-related file.
- Corrupted Windows Registry can also evoke TurboTax Error 1921.
- Damaged installation of the application.
- Outdated Microsoft .NET Framework.
7 Effective Methods to Fix TurboTax Error Code 1921
After knowing the multiple symptoms and causes of TurboTax update problems, now let’s come to the various solutions to Troubleshoot TurboTax Error 1921.
Problem Solving Solution 1: Close conflicting programs that are interfering with an on-going task.
To complete the task, follow the steps given below.
- At first, press the CTRL + ALT + DEL key simultaneously on your keyboard to open the Task Manager.
- Now, move to the processes tab.
- Next, highlight each program and click on the stop programs.
- Further, click on the ‘End process’ button.
- In case you get the error continuously on ending a process, you can determine which program is causing the error. Further, you can reinstall the application to purge TurboTax Error 1921.
- If the error doesn’t get resolved, follow the next solution.
Problem Solving Solution 2- Reinstall/Update Conflicting Programs
Through Control Panel
- In Windows 7, to update the defective application, you need to perform the below-given steps.
- At first, go to the Start button.
- Now type Control Panel in the search box and then click on Control Panel.
- Next, click on Uninstall a program option.
- Further, click on the program that is causing error 1921 service could not be stopped.
- To proceed, click on the Update or Uninstall option.
- You must now perform the appropriate steps to update the programs.
- Follow the on-screen instructions if you want to uninstall the program.
- If the error 1921 TurboTax continues to occur, move to the next solution.
Problem Solving Solution 3- Re-install Runtime Libraries
You must uninstall the current package and then install a fresh copy with the steps given below.
- Firstly, uninstall the package on your system and then highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
- Secondly, you must click on uninstall runtime libraries option; after that, you must reboot your system.
- Thirdly, download the most recent package and then install it on your system.
Problem Solving Solution 4- Update Virus Protection Program on System
You must update the virus program and run a virus scan on your system. You can also run a Windows update to resolve virus-related issues.
Problem Solving Solution 5- Run Disc Cleanup to fix TurboTax Error Code 1921
Follow the instructions given below to fix Runtime error code 1921 because less free space on your system can promote the TurboTax update problems.
To free up the required space, run the Windows disk cleanup by following the below-given steps.
- Before you move ahead, create a backup of your important file to avoid permanent data loss.
- Once the backup is created, clear the cache and then reboot your system.
- The above step will run a disc cleanup.
- Now, you must open your explorer window on the system and then right-click on your main directory.
- Lastly, click on the Properties option and further click on disc cleanup.
Learn More: – How to solve company file errors with QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
Problem Solving Solution 6 – Ensure Startup Type is not running.
Follow the below-given steps to fix Intuit update service error 1921.
- Firstly, press Windows + R key on your keyboard to open the Run Window.
- Now, in the required box, type ‘services.msc’ and press Enter.
- In case you are using Windows 10, press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys on your keyboard to open the Task Manager.
- Next, click on the Services tab and select Open Services at the bottom.
- Click on the Name tab to categorize the services in alphabetical order and look for Intuit® Update Service.
- Further, right-click on it and select Properties.
- To proceed, click on the Startup Type and be sure it’s not running. If it’s running, click on the Stop button on the Properties button.
- Finally, set it to Automatic and click on Save.
On the other hand, after following the above steps, you may encounter an error message that says 1079 from Windows, which states that it can’t stop the Intuit® Update Service on the Computer. In that case, follow the below-given steps.
- By following the five steps mentioned above, open the Service’s Properties window again.
- Now, click on the Log On tab and select the Browse button located on the right side of the screen.
- Next, enter your Computer’s name in the last field.
- Click on Check Names to authenticate the name.
- Click on OK, and if prompts, provide your administrator password.
- To close the Window, select OK.
Problem Solving Solution 7- Install the latest update of the .NET Framework
Follow the steps given below to install the latest update of the .NET Framework.
- At first, go to Microsoft’s official website and look for the Microsoft.NET Framework’s installer.
- Click on the Download button by selecting your language.
- Once the download is completed, go to your Downloads folder.
- Further, double-click on the downloaded file.
- By following the instructions appearing on the screen, install the latest update of the .NET Framework.
- Lastly, open TurboTax again to see if the error is solved or not.
TurboTax Error Code 1921 may occur on the screen due to a corrupted download of the software. Are you annoyed With TurboTax Error Code 1921? If yes, then you can contact our accounting professionals at (800) 280-5969.