Are you also experiencing QuickBooks Error OL-393? Don’t worry! The error OL-393 shows up on the screen when users try to update their QB accounts to download the new bank transactions into the QB application. QuickBooks application is one of the leading Accounting software developed by Intuit for every kind of business organization to help them manage their accounting, finances, etc. But nothing can be perfect, so the main reasons behind such errors are company files with data integrity problems or temporary bank server outages.
So, in today’s article, we will be explaining to you the methods related to OL 393 QuickBooks error. If you are also wondering about the same and want to know more about the error, read the article till the end. Hopefully, you receive all the answers to your queries.
- What do you mean by the error OL-393 bank feed error in QuickBooks?
- Symptoms for Error OL-301 & OL-393 for windows 10
- Possible causes behind the QuickBooks Online Banking Error OL-301 and OL-393
- Safety Measures you must take
- Easy troubleshooting steps to resolve QuickBooks Error code OL-393
What Do You Mean by QuickBooks Error OL-393?
There are times when you wish to connect with your bank or download it. The time you try it, QuickBooks Error message OL-393 appears. It comes along with an error message, which says, “QuickBooks was not able to get all of your financial transaction information up to date.”
Moreover, the error message will also explain to you all of its causes. For example, the error usually emerges when you become an inactive user of the QB. The bank then refuses to connect because of safety reasons.
Symptoms For Error OL-301 & OL-393 For Windows 10
- Windows might start responding to your keyboard and mouse inputs very slow and become lethargic.
- One of the most common ones is your system will begin hanging frequently.
- The error message error OL-301-A will come up on your screen and might crash the active program window.
- When running the same program or application, the system might stop working.
Possible Causes Behind The QuickBooks Online Banking Error OL-393
There are many possible causes behind the error code OL-301 & OL-393. They all are listed below:
- The error can occur when any virus or malware has attacked your system.
- When QB application is not available on the server.
- Such errors can appear when your software is not installed correctly. Install the software properly.
- This can happen when QB isn’t running in the latest version or isn’t updated.
- The user can come across such errors when the software contains the wrong information.
- Also, the error can show up when the QB files got deleted or damaged.
Safety Measures You Must Take:
Before proceeding with the solutions to fix QB error OL-393, make sure you take some safety measures to prevent it from any kind of damage or complications.
- Turn off the automatic download transactions into the register
- Create a backup for your QB data file.
Easy Troubleshooting Steps To Resolve QuickBooks Error Code OL-393
Below are the best solutions to troubleshoot QB Error OL-393 in QuickBooks Desktop when trying to download or import transactions. Execute the steps accordingly for the best results.
Solution no. 1 – Deactivate Account
- The very first thing to do is navigate to the Tools and then select the account list.
- Now, tap on the edit to an account that is causing the problem.
- After that, click on the online service tab and then choose to deactivate.
- To proceed further, for the confirmation, hit on yes.
- In the end, select Ok.
Solution no. 2 – Check The Account Details
- First of all, you need to click on tools and then the account list tab
- After that, hit on edit from the account, creating an issue.
- Next, click on the General tab.
- Lastly, check the account details, i.e., account number, customer id, etc.
Solution no. 3 – Allow TLS 1.2 Security Protocol
- At first, right-click on Internet Explorer (Ensure that it is upgraded to the latest version).
- Now, move your cursor to the gear icon, click on it.
- Next, choose the advanced tab from the Internet Options.
- Here, you need to click on the security section.
- From there, unmark USE TLS 1.0 box and then mark USE TLS 1.2.
- To proceed, hit Apply.
- After that, tap the OK button.
- Exit from each program running in the background, start the system again.
- In case the error isn’t removed yet, move to the next solution.
Solution no. 4 – Set a New Company Test File To Fix QuickBooks Error OL-393
- To start with, hit the File tab and then choose a new company.
- Move your cursor to the express start option and click on it.
- To create a company file, first, fill in all the information required.
- Next, proceed by selecting Create company option.
- If the error still exists, it might be possible that there is some technical error in your bank.
- After connecting with your bank, ask them to check the account details whether it’s correct or not. It might resolve the OL error.
Solution no. 5 – From QuickBooks, Reset The Connection of Your Account
- Firstly, Open QuickBooks, search for lists. Click on it.
- Next, from the lists, tap on the chart of accounts.
- Search for the account and right-click on it, and then select Edit account.
- Go to the Bank Feed Settings tab and then Choose to Deactivate all online services.
- Lastly, Hit OK, save it, and then close.
After the online bank feed of the account gets deactivated, you need to activate the online bank feed account again. Here, you will get to know how to start the bank account again.
For Direct Connect
- In the beginning, go to the banking tab, hit bank feeds, and then choose set up Bank feed for an account option.
- After that, select your bank and fill in all the necessary details they are asking for.
- Follow all the instructions showing on the screen to finish the task.
For Web Connect
- The first thing to do is sign in to your online banking account.
- Now, download the banking transaction file in .qbo format; save it on your desktop.
- After that, take your cursor to the File tab and then tap on utilities.
- Select Import and click on Web connect files.
- Search for the .qbo file on your desktop and open it.
- Here, from the bank account, choose the Use an existing QuickBooks account option.
- Once you receive your web connect data has been successfully read into QuickBooks, click on OK.
Solution no. 6: Verify QuickBooks Desktop Company File
If none of the solutions worked, then do a final verification of your QB company file and see if it got corrupted or not. A damaged or corrupt data file can also cause QuickBooks error code OL-393. Running rebuild data tool or QuickBooks File Doctor tool might resolve the error as it detects the error very soon and repairs it automatically.
In this article, you will get enough solutions to troubleshoot QuickBooks error OL-393; you just need to follow the instructions very carefully. However, if you got stuck with any of the solutions and cannot resolve it manually, then feel free to contact our QuickBooks ProAdvisors at our toll-free number +1(800) 280-5969.