Are you facing QuickBooks Error OL-222 while importing the company file downloaded from the bank’s website? If yes, then don’t fret anymore, as we will discuss the quick fixes to the error code. When they import a QBW file from an approved financial institution in QuickBooks for MAC, the user gets an error message. There are various reasons for this error code, such as the scan error received in the server response.
Do you want to fix QuickBooks Error OL-222? Make sure to stick to this post till the end. In this article, we will be discussing the error code, its causes, and fixes.
What do you mean by OL-222 QuickBooks Online?
Error OL-222 with Chase Bank is an online banking error. The error occurs when users try to import their company files. It is a perplexing technical error in QuickBooks that appears on the screen when you try to import your company file .QBW from your bank’s legit website.
QuickBooks is undoubtedly the most preferred accounting application. However, there are several issues in the application that affects the productivity of the organization. One such issue is Online Banking Error OL-222 which occurs when the application doesn’t receive a correct response from the user’s financial institution. The error code is similar to the one you confront while using online banking in the QuickBooks application.
Once the error pops up on the screen, it comes along with an error message that says, “QuickBooks was not able to complete your request. Please contact your financial institution. (OL-222)”.
The error message indicates that the QuickBooks application is not getting the correct response from your financial institution as there is an involvement of scan error. The error arises when the import file contains unsupported characters.
What are the reasons behind getting an error OL-222?
There are certain reasons which lead to the error code. Below mentioned are the main reasons that trigger QuickBooks Error OL-222.
- The error may occur when in server response, a scan error is received.
- The .QBW file may contain the unsupported characters that define OFX (Open Finance Exchange Standards).
Note- OFX means that the standards for exchange between the financial institutions and QuickBooks)
- Users can also get an error code OL-222 because of an irregular formation of the QuickBooks Company File.
- Outdated QuickBooks Desktop could also be the reason.
- Maybe the QuickBooks Company File contains the error.
- Users may also encounter the error code due to third-party software conflicting with QFX operations.
- The error can also occur when .QBO file name is against the financial institution’s compliance.
- A slow internet connection can also be the reason.
- Numerous invalid entities in the QBW file may also lead to the error code.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error OL-222
There are some aftereffects of the error code which user face once the error appears on the screen.
- The user won’t be able to import the company file downloaded from the bank’s website.
- The error message continually pops up on the screen.
- A user won’t be able to perform the banking features.
Essential Points Before you proceed to resolve QuickBooks desktop bank feeds not working, Error OL-222.
Make sure to update your QuickBooks application with the latest version.
To update your QuickBooks application, follow the steps given below.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop and press the F2 key on your keyboard to open the Product Information window.
- Now, check if any update is pending.
- After that, go to the Help tab.
- And click on the Update QuickBooks option.
- Click on the Update Now tab.
- To start the downloading process, click on the get updates option.
- Wait until the process gets completed.
- Now, close your QuickBooks application and reboot your system.
- Finally, open QuickBooks and check the issue.
Create a backup of your QuickBooks Company File
You must create a backup of your QuickBooks Company File to avoid data loss. To create a backup of your company file, follow the steps given below.
- Open QuickBooks, go to the File menu, and select Switch to Single-user mode.
- Now, go to the File menu and hover over Back up Company.
- After that, select Create Local backup.
- In the open window, select Local Backup and click Options.
- Now in the local backup only section, choose the Browse option and select where you want to save your backup company file.
- Finally, click on the Ok button.
Simple Troubleshooting Methods to Fix Online Banking Error OL-222
Once you know the possible causes, symptoms, and essential points of the error code, you can efficiently resolve it.
Follow the alternative solutions given below carefully.
Solution 1- Fix the issue with the formatting .QBO file.
Simply editing the .qbo file in the text edit helps you to remove all the invalid characters.
- Initially, right-click the .QBO file and select the Edit option.
- To open the file, you must choose any text editor app.
- After that, you must find and remove & from the text as it is an invalid character.
- Click Save from the File tab.
- Further, close the file and open it again in QuickBooks.
- If the problem persists, follow the next troubleshooting solution.
Solution 2- Download the new FIDIR.TXT file.
While performing the steps given below, make sure to close the QuickBooks application.
Ensure that your QuickBooks application is updated to the latest version.
- At first, copy the whole text from the FIDIR.txt page
- Now, create a new file and paste the text that you have copied earlier
- Make sure to save the new file with the name FIDIR.txt to the location where you can easily access the file.
- After that, delete the original FIDIR.txt file.
- Press the Option key on your keyboard.
- To proceed, in the Finder application, click GO and then click on Library.
- Move your cursor to ApplicationSupport /com.intuit.QuickBooks 20XX / Downloads to proceed further.
- Now, from the folder, delete the FIDIR.txt file.
- Access QuickBooks from the Finder application.
- After that, press the control key and click QuickBooks simultaneously.
- Further, the previous action will open a context menu where you must click Show Package Contents.
- In a new window, double-click the Content folder.
- Again, double-click the Resource folder.
- Locate and delete the FIDIR.txt file.
- You must copy the new FIDIR.txt file that you have earlier created.
- Paste the copied file into the Downloads & Resources folder.
- Ensure to perform the same steps and try to import .QBW file into QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Error OL-222 appears on the screen when users try to open the web content file using the banking facility. The issue hinders banking-related tasks, and even a user won’t be able to import the file. The error occurs due to invalid characters in the .QBW file.
We hope that by following the steps mentioned in the article, you can resolve QuickBooks Error OL-222. For any doubt, contact our Accounting and Bookkeeping Helpline number (800) 280-5969.