We all know that QuickBooks has now become the most lovable accounting application in the world. It is the best application for handling all the financial tasks, simple to understand as well as easy to use. However, the QuickBooks Error PS101 error is most common while downloading the payroll tax table updates. A common reason behind the problem is a weak internet connection.
To resolve error message PS101 error, you just need to stay connected with this blog.
If you want to resolve error code PS101 in quick way, just talk to certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors at toll-free number +1(800) 280-5969 and get rid of this error message by yourself.
What is QuickBooks Payroll Error PS101?
While facing this error, you may encounter on your screen message as:
Error message: “Error code PS101 Payroll didn’t complete successfully, try again.”
This occurs due to the wrong initialization of your internet connection settings. And due to incorrect firewall settings, this can happen, restricting you from accessing the internet. So, for example, if you encounter Error PS101 in QuickBooks, stick with this Blog till the end. Our experts have added the most trusted techniques to repair it.
Possible Causes behind QB Error Code PS101
- A Firewall or antivirus blocked by the system will be one of the reasons.
- This error PS101 occurs due to improper Internet Explorer settings.
- Several QB versions stored on the device are another reason.
- The QB faces application faces connectivity issues because you can be stuck, and it might slow your application for a while until your connection is resolved.
- Partial installation of QB updates is one of the other reasons.
Note: In case this error still occurs, just try to disable your antivirus software. You can take help from our IT professional at any time, or you can contact us directly by our toll-free number +1(800) 280-5969 without wasting your precious time.
How to Resolve Payroll Error PS101?
To resolve payroll error PS101 efficiently, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
Step – 1: Use the QB Tool Hub to Fix Error PS101
The QB Tool Hub is the best tool for QB; it helps in detecting the issues and trying to fix them quickly. It is an efficient facility provided by QB that has the ability to resolve the common glitches inside the program.
Follow these below mentioned steps to resolve the error–
- Close all the running QB screens in the system, including the files and folders.
- Then, visit the official website intuit to download the latest available version of the QB tool hub.
- After that, save it in the accessible access location, like on your desktop.
- Double-click on the downloaded QuickBooks ToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the tool hub installation process.
- After this, click twice on the QB Tool Hub icon on the desktop.
- Press the Quick Fix my program option in the following window on the program problems tab.
- Once the program diagnoses, fixes the issue on your system, reboot it.
- At last, download the payroll tax table update.
Step – 2: Exclude QB from the System’s Firewall
To Exclude QB from the system’s Firewall is to verify the web pages that the device is accessing to protect it from any kinds of threats. The steps below will help you remove QB from its list of blocked websites –
- At first, click on the Start button.
- In the search bar, type Windows Firewall.
- Double-tap on the Windows Firewall icon in the list of programs.
- Next, press the Advanced Settings button.
- Please hover over the Inbound Rules option and right-click on it.
- Choose New Rule.
- Click on the Program tab.
- Click the Next button.
- After that, you must tap on the “This Program Path” option.
- Press the Browse button.
- Select any executable files from the menu you see on your screen.
- Click on the Next button again.
- Choose the “Allow the Connection” option.
- Press next one more time.
- Check that all the profiles have been marked here. Press Next.
- At last, name this rule something like QBFirewallException(name.exe).
- Follow the same steps to create an Outbound Rule.
Step – 3: Unchecked Use Proxy:
Users are suggested to unchecked use proxy using Internet Explorer settings. Follow the steps given below:
- It would be best to start by clicking on the gear icon given in the Internet Explorer window.
- After that, you should click on Internet Options and go to the Connections
- Now, select LAN settings from the connections tab.
- Continued by clicking on ok.
- Start QuickBooks Sync Manager and check the proxy settings from there.
Step – 4: Perform a QB Re-installation using the Particular Startup Mode
Switch to Selective starting mode to ensure that no other software prevents you from finishing your activity. Consult your computer’s maker or a Windows specialist if you’re unsure about any of the procedures:
- To launch the Run command, use Windows+R on your keyboard.
- Select OK after typing MSConfig.
- Select Selective startup and Load system services from the General tab.
- Select Hide all Microsoft Services from the Services tab.
- Disable all is the option to choose.
- Uncheck the option labeled Hide all Microsoft services.
- Make sure the Windows Installer option is checked from the list of services. Select the checkbox if it isn’t.
- Choose OK.
- Select Restart from the System Configuration box.
Step – 5: Clean Install QB using the Selective Startup
- First of all, make sure that you create a company file backup in case of any mishappening.
- Then, hold the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the run window.
- After that, type MSCONFIG in the search panel and click on the Next button.
- Now in the following window, go to the General section to choose the options –
- a. Selective Startup
- b. Load System Services
- Now, click press “Hide all Microsoft Services” on the Services tab.
- Click on the Disable All button.
- After that, uncheck the Lock Screen.
- Finally, click the OK button and then choose to Restart.
- Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
- At last, switch back to the Normal Start-up Mode.
Here, we discussed the cause, effects, and solutions of QuickBooks error code PS101. Resolving error PS101 is not that much though it can be easily solved step by step. It can be promptly resolved without any difficulty. Moreover, there are times when the error creates some more error, some common malware that affects your system, and it comes on its own, which can easily cause damage to the QuickBooks data.
If that is the case and you cannot solve it manually, please feel free to connect certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors at toll-free number +1(800) 280-5969 you clear your doubts so that you can resolve them manually.