The problem is there are so many causes available of QuickBooks Event ID 4 Error. Some time it might seen due to corrupt of QuickBooks company file or malware attack. In this blog, we have share 5 valid solution steps to get rid of event ID 4 error permanently.
QuickBooks is one of the most successful accounting software in the world. It is a multi-feature accounting application that offers the smart function to run your business. However, sometimes while working in the application, we interact with common errors like Event ID 4 Error, which we are going to solve through this blog.
Suppose you are looking for quick assistance to fix QuickBooks Event ID 4 Error. In that case, feel free to call on our Toll Free Number +1(800) 280-5969 and avail with top guidelines with our experienced QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
What is QB Event ID 4 Error?
Several Windows elements are required to run the application smoothly, but minor damage to the components can convert this into errors. For example, the Event id 4 error arises when the user launches the (QBi) QuickBooks Integration Manager tool. Or after installing NET Framework 4.0 or any old version on your system running on Windows 7 Service Pack 1. Basically, it is a Windows – Specific error, and therefore, it will affect the QB installed on a server. After occurring the following error displays on your screen as:
Integration Manager could not connect to QB. Please make sure that it is open” is displayed to the user.
And other one is,
“QB Event ID 4 – An unexpected error has occurred in “QuickBooks”: Returning NULL QBWinInstance Handle.”
Symptoms of QB Event Log Error 4
You may experience those below-mentioned symptoms while interacting with QuickBooks event id 4:
- An active program window crashes with QuickBooks error 4 in the event log.
- QuickBooks frequently freezes is one of the other symptoms of this error.
- Windows become sluggish towards the inputs provided by the keyboard or mouse.
- While running the same program system starts crashing over again and again.
- You may not be able to use the QuickBooks application properly.
What Brings Forth QuickBooks Even ID 4 error?
QB event ID 4 is an unexpected error in QB application that can take place due to various reasons, which are listed below:
- This Event ID 4 error occurs because the QuickBooks company file is damaged or corrupted.
- Also, arise due to the damage in the QB software program.
- Your QB program file setup is incomplete or interrupted.
- QuickBooks event id 4 error potential reason is corrupt windows registry.
- QuickBooks accidentally deletes an essential QB-related file because the background application starts interfering with QuickBooks processes.
Resolve QB Error Log 4 with easy Solutions
As we have QB event id 4 error, now follow the below-mentioned steps to resolve this QB error:
Solution – 1: Use QuickBooks Clean install tool
As a QuickBooks user, we recommend you to use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool. This is the best tool to detect junk files, cache data and help you to find common errors, and you can quickly resolve them by using the QB clean tool. In addition, it is master in tackling the technical problems in the QuickBooks application.
Now move to the following troubleshooting solutions.
Step 1: Take a backup of your company file and Product Key
- First of all, double click on the QuickBooks icon, and open the QB desktop.
- Then, click to open the file and choose the back up company file.
- Multiple options will prompt Online or Local for the backup location.
- Now, decide where you want to keep your data file.
- At last, wait until the backup process is complete.
Step 2: Run “Quick Fix my Program”
- First, install QuickBooks Tool Hub and then Run.
- Then, go to the Home Screen of the Tool hub and select the “Program Problems” tab.
- Next, Run the QB fix my Program Tool.
- In the end, close the QBD and open it again.
Solution – 2: Reinstall .NET Framework 4.0 on Windows
One of the main reasons for the QB event id 4 error is windows damaged component. Therefore, users need to reinstall .NET Framework 4.0 on Windows to resolve the error. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, Press Windows + R to open the Run Box
- In the Run box, type appwiz.cpland and hit open.
- Then, it will open Add/ Remove programs or Programs and features in the control panel.
- Now, locate Windows Microsoft .NETFramework 4.0 and then highlight it.
- After that, click on uninstall .NETFramework 4.0
- Now first, complete the uninstallation process, then restart your computer.
- Now again, Press Windows + R to open the Run Box and type appwiz.cpl in the box, click to open.
- And it will open Add/Remove programs or Programs and Features window.
- Then, click Add/Remove programs.
- Expand .Net Framework in the windows feature screen to locate Microsoft .NET 3.5.
- Once you complete the further instructions, mark the checkboxes against the first and second options.
- Click OK and install the MS .NET Framework 3.5 to finish the procedure.
- At last, click Finish When the installation is completed.
Solution – 3: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
You need to use the QuickBooks Tool hub in the QB accounting application to fix several errors.
- At first, need to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub and save it in instructed location on your desktops.
- After installation, you need to double-click on the windows desktop icon to open the QB Tool Hub.
- Then, open the Installation Issues tab to resolve it and select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- In the end, run the QB Install Diagnostic tool
- After all the instructed process restarts your computer.
Solution – 4: Repair the QuickBooks Registry Manually
- Firstly, Click LMB on Start and then go to the Run.
- Now, You need to type “Regedit“in the Run and click “ok.
- In the Regedit Browse HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
- Look for the installer and click on it; then, in the right side window, you will see Name as DisableMSI.
- If you notice the value is other than Zero, change it from Zero.
Solution – 5: Run the QB File Doctor
QuickBooks event id 4 error occurs due to the damage or corrupted QB company File. After that, several error messages are displayed on your windows event log file. But, relax, you don’t need to worry about it. Damaged or corrupted QB company file can be fixed by our Doctor well; QuickBooks File Doctor can fix these errors easily.
Hello QB users, if you have followed all the solutions mentioned above and you are not able to fix the Event ID 4 Error, don’t take any stress, relax well; it means a virus or malware causes an infection. Simple, you must try to install and run worthy antivirus software. It will help you to detect and destroy the virus infection. Once you have done, you are free with Event ID 4 Error.
By implementing these steps you can control QuickBooks event ID 4 error. The above-mentioned steps will help you out to find this error. If you are still struggling while performing these steps, feel free to call certified QuickBooks professionals at toll-free no +1(800) 280-5969 without wasting your precious time.