QuickBooks is the leading software that helps small and medium-size business organizations deal with their accounting needs. The software has several clients all over the world. Besides being the most advanced accounting application, there are some issues that a user can face. Password reset is one of those issues. To deal with this issue, Intuit has designed a special tool which is known as QuickBooks Password Reset Tool.
Are you confused How to Use QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool? If yes, then don’t worry; you are on the right platform.
QB Automated Password Reset Tool- In Layman Term
As technology has improvised day by day, Information Security became the most severe concern in business organizations. Intuit has launched QuickBooks Password Reset Tool for users to reset their password if they lost it.
Earlier, anyone could steal essential accounts and business-related data by accessing the QuickBooks company file. With the help of the automated password reset tool, only an authorized person with a License Number, Contact Name, Phone Number, and Postcode can reset.
There are certain things that users must know before changing or resetting QuickBooks Admin Password.
- QuickBooks requires you to manually enter your password every time you access the QuickBooks Company File to keep your data safe and secure.
- You have to change your QuickBooks password after every 90 days.
- Users get multiple prompts by QuickBooks to change the password when the expiry date of the password step closer.
- The password must be of 7 characters minimum.
- One numeric character must be used.
- One uppercase letter must be used.
- No spaces in the password.
- Ensure that the passwords are case sensitive.
- A password must be tough to crack and easy to remember.
- The user must not log in to the account or any device or network.
- Adding social information must be avoided while arranging the QuickBooks admin password.
How to Crack QuickBooks Admin Password?
There are two different methods to crack QuickBooks Admin Password.
- QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool
- Reset QuickBooks password using security questions.
Method 1- How to Use QB Automated Password Reset Tool?
The process depends on the versions of the QuickBooks application. In the steps given below, we will let you know how to identify the version of the QuickBooks application and reset the password.
In this step, we will discuss how to find the version of QuickBooks you are using.
QuickBooks Statement Writer
- At first, open QuickBooks and go to the Reports.
- Now, go to the Help section by opening QuickBooks Report Writer.
- Select About QuickBooks Report Writer.
- Now in the About Window, find the QuickBooks version.
QuickBooks Basic or Enhanced
- Open QuickBooks, select Employees, and then choose Payroll Centers.
- Click on the Payroll tab.
Point of Sale
- Open QuickBooks, go to the Help section, and then click on Product Information.
- Locate the QuickBooks versions and release.
QuickBooks for Mac
- Open QuickBooks and go to the Help option.
- Choose Product Information and note down the version.
- Open QuickBooks and press the F2 key on your keyboard to open the Product Information window.
- Now note down the QuickBooks version.
In this step, you must select the last updated QuickBooks Desktop version to open the QuickBooks Company File.
Note- Make sure that you have .Net Framework 4.5 to run and use QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool.
- The first step is to download the Automated Password Tool for QuickBooks Desktop on your system.
- Now use this tool to reset your QuickBooks Admin password in any version of QuickBooks.
- After that, select the version in use from QuickBooks Desktop.
- Further, register to QuickBooks by using your license number and business information and then click on Submit button.
- You must read the license agreement and then click on Accept.
- Click on the Download button and then on Download now link.
- Now, in your email, you will receive a token number; make sure to put in the token number when prompted.
- From the drop-down menu, select the QuickBooks version you are using.
- Click Browse.
- Find and select the QuickBooks Company File that needs a password reset.
- Now type in a new password and confirm the same.
- Note- In case the password reset is for an Accountant copy such as .QBA. You must type *.* in the file name box and press Enter button to see and choose .QBA files.
- Finally, click on Reset Password.
Important Note: Now, using the new password, you can log in to your company file. We highly recommend users to use the QuickBooks password reset tool for one time only. In case you try to do it again, then you must fill the verification form again to generate new token access.
Method 2- Resetting QuickBooks password using the security question
Follow the steps given below to reset QuickBooks password using security question.
- In case users forget the password and find a prompt that says, “I forgot my password” option.
- In the QuickBooks Desktop login window, the user must click on the “I forget my password” option.
- Click on the “answer the security question” option.
- Users must provide the correct answer.
- Further, users will find a window which states, “Your password and challenge answer has been removed, and your company files are no more password-protected.”
- When this window closes, then users have to generate a new password.
- Further, users must choose a new answer for a question.
- The above step will set a new password and challenge question.
- In the methods mentioned above, whenever you fill in the details of your business information, make sure that your phone number must be of 10 digits without any extensions.
- For United States citizens, in front of the number, the +1 extensions will automatically be added. You don’t require it to enter manually.
- If you are not a United States citizen, then you must change the extensions by selecting your country name in the “Select Country” section.
- You must edit the phone number manually and save it.
In this post, we have provided you the detailed information about the QuickBooks Password Reset Tool. This is one of the best tools that helps when you forget the QuickBooks administrator password.
QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool is the most effective, convenient, and functional tool manufactured by Intuit. In case you encounter any doubt, feel free to contact QuickBooks Data Repair Services toll free helpline number +1(800) 280-5969. Our technical experts will assist your issue quickly over a single call.