QuickBooks is the best accounting application. Business owners all around the world prefer to choose QuickBooks for handling their business accounting and bookkeeping. If you are a regular user of QuickBooks, you may experience QuickBooks Running Slow or performance issues. The speed of the QuickBooks application affects the productivity of the organization.
Why Performance Issue arises in QuickBooks?
If your system doesn’t meet the specific requirements for QuickBooks, then the application may begin to run slowly. Any issue in the internet bandwidth or RAM can reduce the performance of the application. The primary reason for this issue is the increasing number of data. Below are some possible causes that affect the performance issue in QuickBooks.
- The issue may arise when the QuickBooks application is not updated.
- In case the system does not meet the minimum system requirements for QuickBooks.
- Low RAM could be the major reason behind the performance issue of the application.
- Users may encounter QuickBooks Running Slow issue due to damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI file.
- A corrupted hard drive could also be the major reason.
- QuickBooks Desktop Installation Issues can affect the performance of the QuickBooks application.
- Damaged program files.
- Misconfigured Firewall Settings.
- Company File has reached its maximum size limit.
- When Windows Operating System is damaged, the issue may arise.
What are the issues that can occur when QuickBooks Desktop Running Slow arises?
There are many functions of QuickBooks that get affected once the QuickBooks Desktop Running Slow issue arises.
- Once the issue arises, you may face failure in rebuilding the data file.
- You won’t be able to update the data files.
- The issue may lead to a loss of connection to the data file.
- Failure in re-installing the application.
- You won’t be able to work in a multi-user mode properly.
- Users won’t be able to find licensing information.
- The new printer won’t be able to print once the issue arises.
- You won’t be able to copy or move the QuickBooks data file.
- QuickBooks application freezes while exporting reports or entering transactions.
What the minimum system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop?
There are certain QuickBooks Desktop requirements that affect it’s performance if it doesn’t meet those requirements.
For QuickBooks Desktop Users
- QuickBooks Desktop Pro (Minimum of 1 user and maximum of 3 users’ license)
- QuickBooks Premier (1 to 5 users)
- QuickBooks Enterprise (1 to 30 users)
- The system requires a minimum of 4 GB RAM for 1 user and more depends on the number of users accessing the program simultaneously.
- 8 GB RAM for 1 to 3 users to access the company data folder simultaneously.
- RAM should be increased with an increase in the number of users.
For Online Users
A high-speed network connection is required to load QuickBooks Online faster. QuickBooks Online is a web-based application that can run through any browser like Google Chrome.
For MAC Users
QuickBooks MAC 2020 comes with a 1 user license capability, and it works on the latest version of the Macintosh OS (Catalina)
Why do we need to increase QuickBooks Performance Speed?
QuickBooks is a multi-feature software that enables you to handle all your business-related projects. The performance of QuickBooks is a vital part that cannot be ignored. Sometimes while working in QuickBooks, users may face “QuickBooks is unable to start” or “QuickBooks slow to open” issue. This issue affects your work productivity, and you won’t be able to perform your work properly, which will also waste your time and effort. Therefore, QuickBooks users must optimize the performance of the application for a better outcome.
What are the benefits of increasing QuickBooks Performance?
- Once you speed up the performance, users can easily complete the task.
- Working Capability of users gets increases.
- There will be no stress hour because work will be going in a flow.
- You can easily manage your time.
- Increases the speed of the work.
Best Troubleshooting steps for “QuickBooks Running Slow” issue.
Once you are aware of the several reasons that slow down QuickBooks’ performance, we recommend you follow the troubleshooting solutions mentioned below to speed up the performance of QuickBooks and resolve the issue.
Troubleshooting Solution 1
Upgrade your system to meet the QuickBooks requirements
1. Make sure to store the file on the true server, not on third parties.
2. You must fill the RAM slots with the highest capacity chips.
3. Users require a 64-bit computer and a fast clock speed of 2.2GHz or more for QuickBooks better performance.
4. A solid-state drive is essential.
5. Make sure that the network interface is fast with rotational speed above 7,500 rpm.
Troubleshooting Solution 2
Use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
1) QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool helps resolve the QuickBooks Desktop Performance Issues; it automatically diagnoses and fixes the issue.
2) At first, download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
3) Now, save the file to the local desktop.
4) Next, close all the open programs simultaneously and then run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
5) Once the task is completed, restart the system and run it to update components properly.
Troubleshooting Solution 3
Check the anti-virus settings.
1. At first, press the Windows + R key on your keyboard simultaneously to open the Run Command.
2. Now, type MSConfig and then hit Enter.
3. Reboot the system and check the performance of the application.
4. Once the testing is completed, repeat the same process.
5. Open the Run box, type MSconfig and then press Enter.
6. Now, select the normal setup and click on the OK button for confirmation.
Troubleshooting Solution 4
Resetting the .TLG file help in increasing the QuickBooks Performance
1) Creating a backup of recent file resets the .TLG file
2) Open QuickBooks, go to the File menu, Choose ‘Backup Company,’ and then select Create Local Backup.
3) Now, choose Local Backup and then click Options.
4) You must select your Desktop to save the file.
5) Make sure that a complete verification is selected, and then click the OK button.
6) Choose to save it now option and click the Next button.
7) Lastly, choose your Desktop and then click Save in the Save Backup copy window.
8) Now, QuickBooks will create a backup of the file to the desktop.
Troubleshooting Solution 5
Reducing Company File Fragments and performing disk defragmentation can resolve the performance issue of the application.
1. You can create and restore a portable file as the company file is local to the desktop.
2. Once the creation/restoration in a portable file is created, the user must attempt disk defragmentation.
3. Make sure not to perform disk fragmentation if you are using Solid State Drive.
4. Now, click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, now select Accessories, click on System Tools, and then choose Disk Defragmentation.
5. Next, click on the Defragmentation button.
6. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to defragment your hard drive.
Troubleshooting Solution 6
Check the speed locally (over a network)
1) At first, launch the QuickBooks application and press the F2 key on your keyboard.
2) Now, go to the file location and check where your company file is stored.
3) After that, close QuickBooks and make sure that all the users must sign out of the company file.
4) Click on the Windows Start menu and choose Computer.
5) Go to the File Path, right-click on the company file name (QBW) and choose the Copy option.
6) After that, paste it on your Desktop.
7) Further, reopen the QuickBooks application and locate the desktop location where you have stored the file.
8) Lastly, test if QuickBooks’ slow to open issue still exists.
QuickBooks Running Slow in Multi-user Mode
Several reasons slow down the performance of QuickBooks in multi-user mode. Read the points given below to know about the possible reason.
· The issue may arise when multi-users are opening the file or using one file simultaneously.
· Maybe the data file is too large, which affects the performance issue of the application.
· In case the large report is running in the data file, which affects the application’s performance.
Few Simple Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Running Slow Issue
Make sure to Upgrade QuickBooks to the latest release.
Your network and system must utilize Gigabit network components.
Your system must perform properly, and it should be junk-free.
Conducts backup manually.
Always remember to access the database through URL rather than a shared drive.
Maintenance of System or Device.
Make sure that your system’s internet connection is properly working.
Want to reach us
In this article, we have discussed the QuickBooks Running Slow issue. The issue occurs when your system doesn’t meet the QuickBooks requirements. QuickBooks Running Slow error increases the time of task completion and slowdowns user’s performance in the application. Make sure to upgrade your system to fix this issue. In case you face any doubt regarding accounting and bookkeeping services, feel free to contact us at our toll-free number (800) 280-5969.