QuickBooks Error 16026 can be considered as a technical error that generally occurs due to an incomplete software installation or an unsupported QuickBooks Version. However, poor internet connection can lead to QB error 16026.
As we all know, QuickBooks is the best accounting software globally. It has multi-features that ease their businesses. However, while working on the QuickBooks application, we face common errors like 16026.
No need to worry; stay connected to this article; where we have mentioned easy steps through which you can fix this quickly.
Suppose you are Stuck with the QuickBooks error 16026 and want some technical guidance to fix this error, not to worry about it. Then, get in touch with our expert by just dialing our toll-free number +1(800) 280-5969.
What is QuickBooks, and How Error 16026 occurs?
QuickBooks is the most popular accounting application used by small and large-sized businesses. Because of QuickBooks, Business operations have become a lot smoother and less complicated there by saving a lot of time.
The QuickBooks error code 16026 generally occurs when users try to download or install the updates. However, there are more reasons which lead to this error; we have mentioned all the causes below.
Possible Causes of 16026 Error Code?
It occurs When the company file try is corrupted. Below we have mentioned some possible reasons why QB error 16026 occurs.
- The poor or slow internet connection can also lead to the QuickBooks error 16026.
- Due to the unsupported QuickBooks version.
- If the cipher strength of the IE is not 128-bit
- This issue can occur due to an incomplete or incorrect software installation.
- When you use an outdated version of Internet Explorer.
How to Troubleshoot QB Error 16026?
The following methods to fix QuickBooks desktop update error code 16026 so check it:
- First of all, the first thing to do is launch the QuickBooks software.
- Then, go to the Financial Institutions catalog, and then you have to apply the steps written below.
- At first, you have to choose Banking and then Online Banking.
- Now, you have to go to Available Financial Institutions.
- When you see Financial Institution Directory displayed on the screen, it means that QuickBooks can access one of Intuit’s online services..
- Now, if you can access the Internet from a Web browser or the QB, then attempt to update all your programs.
- Now check for your Internet Explorer version by following the below-listed steps.
- Firstly, you have to launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, move to the Help menu and select Internet Explorer.
- Now, you are needed to install the current version of Internet Explorer if you are using a version older than 6.0.
- After that, install the recent encryption pack of Internet Explorer if you have a version of IE later than 6.0, but the cipher strength is lower than 128-bit.
The final step is to install QuickBooks again and the latest updates when all the steps are covered.
Step 1: – Update QuickBooks to the latest version.
You can try to update the QB to the latest version to resolve the error code 16026. Updating the software will add some new features that will be beneficial for your smooth business process, and it will also improve the ability to handle the software. First, however, you have to restart your system and then reset the QuickBooks updates for updating the software. After that, try to download and then install the latest version of the QuickBooks.
Step 2: – Correctly open the Company.
To eliminate this error, you should ensure that you correctly open the file. For this, you must follow these 2 steps that are given below: –
- Select the Company file by opening the QB application.
- Then, Click on OK.
By moving your company file to the default location
If your company file is saved in a different location, you might encounter QB error code 16026. You must follow the below-listed steps:
- First, close the QuickBooks application.
- Then, browse the location of the Company.
- After that, by right-click, the Company file and then copy it.
- Navigate to the default location C:/Users/Public/PublicDocuments/Intuit/QuickBooks/Company Files.
- And then paste the file.
- After that, open the QB application and select the Find Company file option.
- Then, search for the company file, select the file followed by open.
Step 3: – By running the QB Database Server Manager on your server
- First of all, download and install the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Then, open the Tool Hub and click on Network Issues.
- Select QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- If you have not installed QB on your server, you will be prompted to install it.
- After that, click on Start Scan when your Company file folders are displayed in the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- After the scan is completed, close it.
Step 4: – By reconfiguring the Bit Defender antivirus for allowing the connections
- On your desktop, open the Bit Defender application.
- Then, from the Dashboard, click on Antivirus.
- Next, click on custom level and select Exclude Path.
- After that, click on the New Item option and select the company file on your desktop.
Step 5: -Download and Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool and QuickBooks Tools Hub
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Download the QuickBooks File Doctor for our official website.
- Then, Install the application and run the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- After that, Browse the Company File.
- Click on Check File Damage Only option, then Diagnose the File.
- Type your Admin Password and click OK.
- Now, click on Open File in the Newer Version or The Existing Version.
- Then, follow the remaining instructions that appear on your computer screen.
- Lastly, Restart your system.
QuickBooks Tools Hub
- First, close the QuickBooks accounting software.
- Download the QuickBooks Tools Hub from our Official website.
- Then, open the file that you have downloaded and follow the given steps to install the software.
- Launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub by double-clicking the icon on your desktop.
- If no shortcut icon has not been created, then search the QB tools hub on the search bar.
Hello user, we hope you have successfully resolved your QuickBooks Error 16026 by going through our article; unfortunately, if you are still struggling to fix this error, we suggest you call us on our toll-free number +1(800) 280-5969. Our support guys will be more than happy to rectify the issue for you.