While using the application, you might get interrupted with QuickBooks error 99001; mainly, this error occurs When a user opens this file on another computer by a single user mode. However, some more common reasons lead to error; to get rid of this error, go through this article through this article you can quickly solve this error..
If you need to fix this issue quickly, contact our technical support by dialing our toll-free number +1(800) 280-5969 and save your time. Our QuickBooks ProAdvisor will guide you quickly.
What is QuickBooks Error code 99001?
An Error message pop-up on your screen as – “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close, we are sorry for the inconvenience.”
When the user tries to open a multi-user file in a single-user setup, it shows QuickBooks Error 99001. There are some more causes that lead to this error. We have listed the causes below.
Possible causes of the QB Error 99001?
- The window may also go blank or white if the error shows up.
- The performance of the QuickBooks program decreases or slows down.
- The screen may freeze suddenly or stop responding to user requests.
- QuickBooks window will reflect a grey glitchy screen with no information.
- Inability to open the company data file.
- Accessibility issues may start arising in the multi-user mode.
Effects of Error 99001
There we listed some of the effects that indicate Error 99001 runtime error:
- First, the error message appears and crashes the active program window.
- Windows desktop responds slowly and sluggishly.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 99001?
When the QuickBooks error_6073 arrives, you can promptly follow the below-explained troubleshooting methods to remove the error code.
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks file doctor
Through the listed below solutions, You can make use of the QuickBooks File Doctor by carrying out the steps below:
- Firstly, download the current version of the QB tool hub from here. And save the file where it can be accessed easily.
- Opening the file which was downloaded earlier is the next recommended step.
- Pay heed to the onscreen set of steps to install and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Now, double-click the icon on the Windows desktop to open the tool hub.
- Again, pick the company file issues tab from the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Furthermore, tap on the run QuickBooks file doctor tab. This might take a minute, but if the tool fails to launch, you must establish the file manually.
- Pick the company file option from the drop-down menu in the tool. If you are unable to find it, then select the browse option.
- Select, check your file option, and also hit continue.
- Finally, enter the admin password and then move to next.
Solution 2- The company file opens the Host computer, but in single-user mode:
- First of all, close the company file and then Re-open the file.
- Select the Open or Restore Company option from the File menu
- Now Open a company file and hit Next
- Select the company file you are trying to access and then select Open in Multi-User Mode.
- At last, open the file to review the status of QB error 99001.
Solution 3: The network data files (.nd) and transaction log files (.tlg)
- Firstly, open my computer and then move to the tools menu and click on folder options.
- Head towards the view tab and click on show hidden files and folders.
- Open the data folder to see the network data files and transaction log files.
- Therefore, right-click the network data file and choose properties.
- At last, delete the hidden option and click on the OK tab.
Solution 4- When the File is located in the read-only network
- Firstly, open the folder where your data file is saved.
- Press Alt and Enter buttons to open folder properties.
- Now, Click on the security tab option.
- Next, select the user encountering Error 6073 and click on Edit.
- Next, grant full access permission and click ok to save.
- Restart the computer and open the same data file.
Solution 5: If the system is accessed remotely via LogMeIn, GoToMyPC, etc.
You must run the quick fix my Program from the QuickBooks tools hub. In such a situation.
- At first, select the program problems option in the QuickBooks tool hub, which was downloaded before, or if not, then download it.
- After that, choose quick fix my Program.
- Allow the tool to run and fix the issue.
- At last, once the process completes, you are required to start the QuickBooks desktop and open the data file.
Solution 6- The file is being accessed via Remote
This issue usually occurs due to the Microsoft .NET component’s failure to run the application error-free. Therefore, we listed down steps to use the Program diagnostic tool to fix Error 99001 while accessing the file through Remote.
- Right-click on Desktop to QuickBooks Tool Hub icon and then select to open.
- Next, At Home, Select the Program problem option.
- Then, Click on Program Diagnostic Tool to Run the repair process.
- Therefore, this will automatically repair all required components to run QuickBooks.
- At last, Restart the computer and ask the user to try again to access the file over Remote.
Through this article, we have discussed all the possible causes and solutions; we believe that, unfortunately, you are not able to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 99001. However, if you continue to face the error, it is highly recommended to consult a professional and ask them to resolve the error; you can quickly contact us by using our support line, i.e., +1(800) 280-5969, and our QuickBooks enterprise support experts and CPAs will ensure to provide you with the best possible support services.