Here, we will let you guide the easiest way to transfer QuickBooks to another computer even you can transfer company file data from one computer to another computer. Before start the process, you have to do the very first thing, You need to uninstall QuickBooks from the old computer and it will install again on the second PC.
if you’re in a hurry, we strongly recommend you to call on Toll-Free Number +1(800) 280-5969. QB resolve is available to help you out transfer QuickBooks to another computer. Even you will also avail with hectic installation/uninstallation process.
Steps to Transfer QuickBooks Software to Another Computer
Let’s continue this blog anf follow these simple steps:
- Ensure that you remember your product key and license key.
- For the installation process, you need to uninstall your QuickBooks.
- Download QB installation files or insert QuickBooks installation disk in your computer.
- Now, install QuickBooks.
Need Before Registering QB Desktop to Another Computer
Before we start the process of updating QuickBooks to another computer, make sure you have done the following things ready:
- Make sure another computer you want to install QuickBooks Desktop is connected to the internet.
- You will need to register the product key after the installation process.
- You will need an external storage device to move your QuickBooks Desktop files, ‘it can be an external hard disk or a USB storage.’
- QB Desktop installation disk or the setup file on an external storage device.
- Uninstall the QuickBooks software from the old computer.
- Before uninstalling, make sure to back up the QuickBooks company file.
Follow These Steps to Register in QuickBooks.
A registration process is required when a QuickBooks user re-install or transfer it to another computer. You can register it by following the upcoming steps:
- Open the QuickBooks menu bar and go to ‘help.’
- Now, click on register QuickBooks.
- First, enter the business phone number‘ and then ‘postal code. ‘
- Once you complete the information, your QB will be registered.
- Your registration details will be recorded by intuit for the new computer.
Note: You have successfully transferred QB from one computer to another; after that, you might need also move the company file data.
How To Transfer Company file Data From Old To New Computer By Using Migrator Tool.
It comes with one of the most outstanding features of QB software; users can complete the transfer in a few clicks with this great feature.
Transfer QuickBooks Comapny File Data Using the Migrator Tool
- You can access it only if you are a company admin.
- Migrator tools is known as the move QuickBooks tool.
A user of QB Desktop 2018 US version or the latest as a single user, you are eligible to use the migrator tool to move QuickBooks Desktop up to three company files to another computer.
How the Migrator Tool Works?
- Please create a password to unlock everything and that is copied to another computer; make sure that your password should be complex and note it, so you don’t forget, and this password needs only once for the migration tool.
- Once you have done, the tool will help the company up to three company files to a USB flash drive.
- Using USB flash drive, it will help you to move the files. But the technical support is done by migrator tool.
- The tool will help you to download the correct version of the QuickBooks desktop to another version and set it with your files.
- It won’t reformat your file, or it won’t remove your other files.
Through Migrator Tool, Some Data Gets Copied While Moving QB to Another Computer:
The list is listed below:
- Version and other QuickBooks desktops details
- Supporting documents through recent company files (max 3).
- Copy all other related files and custom forms and templates.
- QuickBooks letters and templates.
- Spell checker.
- Local attachments.
- Printer settings.
- Memorized reports.
- Layout designer.
- FSD(financial statement designer).
- Business planner.
- Statement writer.
- Cash flow.
- Advanced reports (for QuickBooks Enterprise)
- QuickBooks loan manager(.Imr)
What’s Not Copied Through Migrator Tool When QB isTtransferred From Old To New computer?
- As per intuit policy, they protect data so, payment services or payroll set up in QB will not be copied.
- Multi-user set configuration.
- Intuit data protector is to be uninstalled in the old computer and will be reinstalled in another computer.
- The company files which may not opened recently will not be copied to another computer.
- Manual backups created by the users will not reproduce.
Your Needs To setup Migrator Tool
- Make sure that your network connection is connected, to your new computer.
- Ensure that your USB flash drive space is free enough to hold your QuickBooks files.
- The Migrator Tool will inform you, that how much free space you need
- Most users need between 150 and 250 MB.
Let’s Know How To Set Up And Use The Migrator Tool
Step 1: Set up on the old computer.
- Open the File menu, select Utilities, and select Move QuickBooks to another computer.
- Now select I am ready, and create a one-time and password.
- Follow the instructions, choose a USB drive, and wait until the file is copied.
Step 2: Set up the new computer
- You need to insert the USB flash drive because Due to Windows security restrictions, the Migrator Tool won’t open automatically.
- Now open the Flash drive to watch its files, and to start the migrator, you need to double-click the file Move_QuickBooks.bat.
- Enter the password that you have created, and select let’s go.
- At last, wait for the Migrator tool until it finishes.
Note: you may need to update Windows 10 to the latest version if the migrator tool doesn’t open after selecting and running the file.
Now You Have Done | Here You Need To Do Something New
When you are done, the migrator tool will automatically remove QB files from a USB flash drive. Your old computer still has files of QuickBooks. We strongly recommend changing the name of the file(s) on the old computer to avoid using the wrong file.
The above steps will help you out to Transfer QuickBooks to another computer. However, if you are still struggling while performing the steps, feel free to call our certified QuickBooks professionals at our toll-free no +1(800) 280-5969. Without wasting your precious time.