Developed and marketed by Intuit, QuickBooks helps thousands & millions of small & medium-sized business organizations in the world. Despite providing multiple features, this software also faces some errors like QuickBooks Error PS077. This type of payroll error comes up when users try to download updates related to QuickBooks Payroll or maybe because of misconfigured settings. If you are also encountering the same error again & again when trying to download the payroll updates, then this article is for you.
You will get to learn everything related to QuickBooks Payroll update PS077 through this article, which will answer all your questions regarding payroll error. Moreover, we have mentioned all its causes and solutions for you to fix the error manually. Therefore, stick to this article till the end for some best solutions.
- In what ways QuickBooks calculate Payroll?
- Details about QuickBooks Desktop Error PS032 PS077
- What causes QuickBooks Enterprise Error PS077?
- Points to keep in mind
- How to resolve QuickBooks Update Error PS077
In what ways QuickBooks calculate Payroll?
QuickBooks uses tax tables to calculate payroll. If you want to get the tax table to have access to your own QB company data file, you must subscribe to the Intuit Payroll Services like QB basic Payroll, QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll, QB Standard Payroll, or QB assisted payroll. It calculates all of the employee’s gross pay, and after that, it computes the taxes and deductions too, in order to get the net pay. QB has the record of all your tax liabilities so that you don’t forget to add them to your calculations.
Details about QuickBooks Error PS077
Before proceeding with the solutions to troubleshoot the error PS077, it is essential for you to know about the error in a detailed manner. As mentioned above, the error is mainly seen when users try to download payroll updates. It comes along with an error message which says, “QuickBooks is having trouble installation payroll tax table update.”
It is very important to know that the PS shows QB payroll error. Such type of error can affect QuickBook’s activities. There are many reasons for the error to arise. One of the reasons could be inappropriate settings of the Internet Explorer.
What Causes QuickBooks Error PS077 Occur?
- When your billing information is not correct or outdated.
- The error can appear when the QuickBooks Company file gets damaged or corrupted.
- You must not have registered in your QuickBooks Software. This can lead to the error code PS077.
- Such errors can also show up when the QB fails to read the details registered for software.
- This can happen when QuickBooks payroll or some of its components might have damaged its tax table files.
Points To Keep in Mind While Resolving Error PS077 in QuickBooks
- You need to make sure that you create a backup for the QuickBooks company file.
- One thing you need to do is validate the QuickBooks payroll subscription.
- Ensure that you only have one QB application installed in your system and not more than that.
- Also, you must do is check the billing information inserted in the payroll account as it needs to be correct.
- You are also required to update the QuickBooks application to the newest released version.
- To avoid any sort of glitch in the account, do repair your software.
How to resolve QuickBooks Update Error PS077
You need to follow the steps provided below in order to resolve the PS077 or PS032 error.
PROCEDURE 1: Turn Off UAC (User Account Control) on Windows
- To start with, open the Run windows (press Windows + R key concurrently from your keyboard).
- Go to the search box and type the control panel and then click on OK.
- Now, search for User Accounts in the control panel.
- After that, select Change User Account Control Settings.
- Hit on Yes and turn off UAC by clicking on never notify.
- In the end, try to update QuickBooks Payroll again, but first restart the system.
PROCEDURE 2: Use QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility
In case the QuickBooks 2018 Error PS077 is caused because of data damage, then you can run QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility.; it will diagnose the error and will repair it automatically.
- At first, right-click on QuickBooks.
- Go to the files option, click on utilities and then select verify data.
- It will now search for the error in the QuickBooks company file.
- Now, again you need to click on files and then select Utilities.
- Next, tap on rebuild data. It will now repair all the detected errors.
- If there is still any kind of error in the QB company file, go back to verify data.
PROCEDURE 3: Use Clean Install Tool
Use Clean Install Tool if there is an installation error in QuickBooks. It will help to fix the tool, run the tool and wait till the process ends. Try to update the QuickBooks Payroll tax table again and check whether the Tax Tables error PS077 is removed or not.
Case no. 1: When only one version of QuickBooks Desktop is installed
The first thing you need to do is create a backup of the company file and then close all the applications running in the background, and after that, the user needs to open the Run Window.
For Windows 8
- In the beginning, go to the Window System Section.
- After that, right-click on the start screen.
- Now, right-click on the background to all apps.
- In the end, click on the Run option.
For Windows 7 & XP
- In case you have not signed up with Admin rights, then all you have to do is hit start.
- To proceed, select all programs.
- Next, tap on Accessories.
- Lastly, hit Run.
- Firstly, tap on the start button.
- Now, from the start search box, insert the run command.
Case no. 2: When you have more than one versions of QuickBooks installed
You need to install a clean version of QuickBooks Desktop to execute correctly in selective startup.
For more than one versions of QuickBooks Desktop
- First of all, delete all the additional installations.
- Now, reset the QuickBooks update.
- After that, download the latest payroll tax tables.
- Sort the lists again and then use the rebuild data process.
- Finally, execute a clean uninstall/re-install in selective startup.
Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error PS077 is very tough as it gets confusing. To help you resolve the error, we provided every solution possible for the error. However, if you are still unable to fix the error and finding it difficult to remove from your QuickBooks Payroll, then we will recommend you to contact QuickBooks payroll ProAdvisor at our toll-free number +1(800) 280-5969. They will help you resolve the error promptly with real-time help.