Being a QuickBooks user, you are already aware of QuickBooks Error 6000 series pros and cons. There might be a several reasons behind it but the most common drawback is network configured incorrectly. In this post we actually discuss all the drawbacks that can hamper your work as well as the simple troubleshooting steps to fix it in no time.
If you are looking quick assistance to fix QuickBooks error 6000 series, we strongly recommend you to call on Toll Free Number +1(800) 280-5969 and avail with top guidelines with our experienced QuickBooks ProAdvisor.
QB Error Code 6000 & The Possible Causes (Explained)
QB Error Code 6000 might experienced when user tries to open a company file. As we mentioed above there are lots of reason to face Error 6000 series. The most common factors are listed below:
|Error-6176,0||Firewalls the connection between two computers.|
|Error -6000, 107:||TLG file is corrupted.|
|QB Error -6000, 1076||Installation of QuickBooks is corrupted|
|Error -6010, -100 -6138, -105 -6210, 0 –6189, -83 -6190, -83||Local computer is not the server while hosting the company file|
|Error -6012, -1061 -6144, -82 -6000, -82||Inaccurate network setup|
|Error -6129, -101||You Might have Chosen Wrong folder|
|Error -6190, 816 -6190, -85 -6190, -82||Users logged in to the company file in single user mode. Chances of mismatch between the transaction log file (.tlg) and the company file (.qbw)|
|Error -6000, -832||When hosting you have to turn on or the .ND file not work properly|
|Error -6144, -304 -6190, 1005 -6189, 1005||Generally this takes place due to .ND has an incorrect path to your company file.|
|Error -6000, -305||Wrong network setup or it could be, that the company file is damaged|
|QB Error -6073, -816||Multiple computers are here to hosts the file or it could be a firewall, it blocks the settings connection or it could be the damaged in file|
|Error -6144,-103 -6144, 0||The .ND file has wrong /incorrect path to your company file If the Windows user account used by QBDM, shall it will be damaged|
|Error -6120, 0||One of the work stations is hosting the company file or may it happens that the firewall port is blocked (8019)|
|QB Error -6087, 0||When you open the file locally this error occurs -6131, 0|
|Error Code -6147, 0||You receive this error when you open the company file or restore a company backup (.QBB)|
Causes of Particular Error 6000
There are several reasons behind these problems, few of them are mentioned below:
- Your firewall blocks the connection
- TLG file corrupted
- Your QuickBooks installation file is corrupted
- Your network connection might be incorrectly configured
- The company file is damaged
- Multiple users where logged in the same company file
All You Need to Know The Solutions of QuickBooks Error 6000
Following are the basic steps to get rid of 6000 error series:
Solution 1: Restore a Backup To Fix Error 6000
- At first open the company file.
- Then click on the file.
- Now From the File menu, choose Utilities
- If the Stop hosting Multi-users access is on the list, you should click on
- Also you have to edit the company file name it includes less than 210 characters long. Try and list a name which displays important details, and nothing.
Solution 2: First rename the .ND and .TLG files
Actually the .ND and .TLG files are part of yours QuickBooks files. And these configuration files which allow QuickBooks to access a company file in a network.
If files are corrupted or damaged, you can easily see those errors when you open your QuickBooks files. Rename those files which won’t cause you to lose QuickBooks data. QuickBooks recreates files which you rescan with the help of QuickBooks Database Server Manager and when you will open your company file.
- Open those folders which contain your company file.
- The files which has the same file name and similar as your company files but with extensions .ND and .TLG.
- Right-click each files and select Rename. And you have to add word OLD at the end of each and every file name.
Example: company file.qbw.nd.OLD
- Try to sign in to your company file by Opening QuickBooks on your desktop again. If the same issue occurs, go to solution step.
Solution 3: Open a sample company file
Whenever you open a sample company file, first you have to test if the problem is with your company file or the QuickBooks application. Then if a sample of company file doesn’t open and instead shows you an error, it’s a sign that may damage your QuickBooks installation. You have to repair the installation.
- In the No Company Open window, select and Open a Sample File and choose any of them from the list of sample company files.
- If the sample file opens, then go to solution 4. If the sample file returns with the same error message, then you have to repair your QuickBooks installation files.
Solution 4: Copy the QB file on the Desktop and Follow the mentioned Steps
First, copy the file and open it through your desktop, test if there’s a problem with your location of the company file. If the file opens from the desktop, it means there will be damage to the location where you save your file to. It might be in too long and have many folders and exceeds the file system path limitation. If your file still doesn’t open after you change the location, your file might have file damage.
- Open the folder that has your company file.
- Find the file with the extension of .QBW.
- Right-click on the file, then select Copy. Go to Desktop, and then Paste it on your desktop.
- Hold down the control key and open QuickBooks. The No Company Open window.
- Select Open or restore an existing company. And find your company file and open it.
Solution 5: ADR to restore your backup files
If the company file damages then we strongly recommend you to run ADR Tool to recover all the lost data. Here you must need to pay extra attention while recovring lost data or to get rid of this you can avail guidelines by dailing Toll free number +1(800) 280-5969.
Condition: You are opening the file over the network.
That means you open the company file saved on the server or from another computer.
Solution 1: if Hosting is turned on, on all the workstations, then check it
It’s compulsory to have one PC/server host the company files.
1. Press F2. The Product Information window opens.
2. Find Local Server Information. Hosting should be turned off.
Solution 2: Rename the.ND and.TLG files and run the Database Server
The.ND and.TLG files were part of your QuickBooks files. And these are configuration files that allow QuickBooks to access a company file in a network or multi-user environment.
If files are corrupted or damaged, sometime you might have to encounter QuickBooks Error 6000 series when you open QuickBooks files; these files will not cause you to QuickBooks data. These files were automatically re-created when you rescan to use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager and whenever you open your company file.
Step 1: Rename the files.ND and.TLG
- Open your folder, which contains your company file.
- Find all the files with the same file name as your company files but with extensions.ND and.TLG.
- Right-click each file, then select rename option. Then add the word OLD at the end of each file name. Ex: company_file.qbw.nd.OLD
Step 2: Run QuickBooks Database Server Manager |the QuickBooks Tools Hub
Database Server Manager’s purpose will be to host your QuickBooks company files. After renaming them, the best way is to restart the DBSM and rescan the QuickBooks files.ND and.TLG files.
- In the tools hub, select Network Issues.
- Select QuickBasic Database Server Manager. You’ll have to install QuickBooks into your server if not been installed already.
- The Server Manager in the QuickBooks Database, Selects and Start Scanning if you see the company file(s). then you don’t, browse to the location of your company file, select Start Scanning.
- Open your QuickBooks again and try to sign in to your company file.
- If the same issue occurs, then shift to solution 3.
Solution 3: Open a sample company file installed on a workstation
I opened a sample company file to test the problem or possibly lies with your company file with the QuickBooks application. If a company file does not extend the sample or returns an error, the QuickBooks installation is damaged and has to repair.
- In the No Company Open window, select and open a Sample File, Weather they can choose Sample Company files from the list.
- If you open the sample file, move to solution 4.
- If the sample file returns the same error message, then unfortunately you need to install QuickBooks again.
Solution 4: Open the company file locally
Open the file locally; you are testing if there is a problem with the location of the company file. Then the file opens while it is saved on your desktop, which means the location is probably damaged or “too deep,” it exceeded the file system path limitation. If the file is still not open after changing its location, it might be corrupted.
- First, open the folder that contains your company file.
- Find the file with the extension of. QBW.
- Right-click the file, then select Copy.
- Go to desktop, right-click on the desktop, and choose the option paste.
- While holding down the control key, open QuickBooks so you are directed to the No Company Open window.
- Select Open or restore an existing company. Navigate to the desktop, and find the company file you were copied and opened.
- If you are facing the same error, move to the next solution.
Solution 5: shut all the QuickBooks processes to get ridd of error 6000
- As the Administrator, you need to log in on the server PC.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to return the task manager.
- Show processes for all users. Select the Users tab.
- Highlight each QuickBooks and let it process (QBW32.EXE, qbupdate.exe, and QBDBMgr.exe), then hit the option End Task.
- Open your company file in multi-user mode.
- If the error still appears, move to solution 6.
Solution 6: Check the folder permission manually
Suppose you don’t have the permission; you may get errors in that folder. First, check your folder and permissions to share the company files. Then, try to open your file again and you need to follow next solution step.
Solution 7: Configure Anti-Virus Software and firewall ports
An anti-virus program and your firewall block specific QuickBooks programs or files. It’s best to configure your firewall ports and set up an exception to your anti-virus software.
To Get Quick Solution You May Avail With Expert Guidelines
We hope that the above steps will not less a boon for you while fixing QuickBooks Error 6000 series. If you are still struggling while performing the steps, feel free to call our certified QuickBooks professionals at our toll-free no +1(800) 280-5969. Without wasting your precious time.