QuickBooks Error 6130 occurs due to numerous reasons; one of them is an incomplete QB software installation. As a result, QBs is trying to access the company file but cannot contact the database server. Corrupt QBW files or malware attacks might also be the reason to get this error.
If you want an immediate solution, QB resolve is available to fix your issue in no time. We strongly recommend you to call on Toll-Free Number +1(800) 280-5969 and avail with brief guidelines with our experienced QuickBooks Pro Advisor.
What are the Symptoms of QB Error 6130, 0
In the below-mentioned step, we have discussed all the symptoms which show the error 6130,0:
- The Error 6130, 0 appears on the computer display with frequent active window crashes
- The computer frequently crashes with this error while running the same program
- The Error Code 6130, 0 will appear on the display
- The system windows run sluggishly
- The mouse and keyboard inputs work slowly
- Computer “freezes” repeatedly after the short interval of time-frames
What are the Causes of the QB Company File Error 6130?
To know the causes of the QB company file error 6130, users need to go through all the mentioned steps to identify their causes of error 6130, so take a look at these steps:
- The company file contains some damaged data.
- The QuickBooks version on the workstation is obsolete compared to the company file on the server.
- Firewalls installed on the computer systems are blocking the network connectivity between the user and the company file.
- The Windows OS requires an immediate update.
- The network data file or the transaction log is damaged or corrupted.
- The database server manager is stopped due to unknown causes.
- There are some issues in the network configuration of the computers.
How to repair the QB Error Code 6130?
To repair the QB Error code 6130, you need to follow the below-mentioned solution to fix this effectively:
Solution 1: Repair the Windows Registries to fix this error
- Firstly, click on the Start button.
- In the search box, type the “command.”
- But, Do Not press the Enter yet..!
- Then, hold the “Ctrl+Shift” on the keyboard & Hit the “Enter.”
- Now, you will be rapid with a permission dialog box
- After that, click on Yes.
- With a blinking dialogue box, you will find a black box.
- Type the “Regedit” and select the Enter button
- In the File menu, just select the Exportoption.
- Now, go to the Save In list & select a particular folder where you can save the QuickBooks desktop key
- After that, go to the File Name box & type the name of the backup file
- Now Go to the Export Range box & make sure that the “Selected branch.”
- Now Hit on the Save button
- The file will automatically save in the .reg file extension format
- Finally, you have the backup of QB connected access
Solution 2: Try the QB File Doctor to Fix Data Damage in the Company File
If the company file is damaged, the user will continue to face error 6130 while opening the company file on the network. However, the user must have the QuickBooks Tool Hub installed on their system to access the file doctor utility. Follow these below-mentioned steps to resolve the damage by running the QuickBooks File Doctor:
- First of all, go to the QB Tool Hub and select the Company File Issues tab.
- Then, choose the Run QuickBooks File Doctor button and browse to the location of your company file to select it.
- Now, click on the Check your file option and select the Continue button.
- If asked, enter your company file admin credentials and select Next.
- The file doctor will take some time to repair the data in the company file.
- Once done, back up the file and try to open it again.
Solution 3: Malware Scan of the Computer
Follow the steps to malware scan of the Computer:
To run it,
- go to “Windows Security”> “Virus & threat protection”> “Scan options,”
- Now select “Microsoft Defender Antivirus. Offline scan.”
- After clicking the “Scan now” button, your Computer will restart into a special mode to do a scan. Once it’s done, your Computer will restart again, bringing you back to Windows.
malware is the threat to the system as well as to the programs that are running on that. These malicious threats can damage, delete, or corrupt the error-related files. Thus, we recommend you conduct a full system scan to detect & eliminate the harmful malware from the system.
Solution 4: Use the Disk Cleanup to Clean Out the System Junk
We use Disk cleanup to clean up to remove such junk to improve the performance of the computer, well a personal computer accumulates junk files during web surfing & regular computer use. The overtime use creates a bunch of junk files that make the system lagging & slow in reaction. It may also cause the error 6130, 0
Solution 5: Run the Database Server Manager Again
If the QuickBooks database server manager is not running behind the system or suddenly stops, the user can face the QuickBooks Database Server Manager error on the computer system. Follow these below-mentioned steps to restart the database server manager service.
- Open the Run window by pressing the Windows Key+ R on the server computer and enter Services.msc in the search box.
- Click on OK, and a window will come up with a listicle of different services.
- Find the QuickBooksDBXX service and click on it.
- Select the Start button on the left panel and try to open the company file from the workstation.
Procedure to Run the Disk Cleanup tool:
- First, you have to step you need to perform Hit the Start button
- In the search box, type the “command”…. Do Not hit Enter
- Now, hold the Ctrl+Shift keys.
- Click the Enter button
- You will be prompted with a permission dialog box.
- Hit the Yes button
- In the search bar, type the “cleanmgr” and choose the Enter
- Disk Cleanup will evaluate the space occupied by the temporary file & allows you to remove it.
- At last, Select the boxes of the categories you want to clean & click OK.
Solution 6: Refresh the Corrupted Network Data File and Transaction Log
The network data file is essential to keep the network connectivity unaltered. If there is a damage, the user won’t be able to connect to the company file in the multi-user environment. Follow these steps mentioned below to rename the file and get rid of the issue.
- Firstly, go to the Windows File Manager and open the C:/ Drive by clicking the right-click of your mouse.
- Then, double-click on the Users folder and enter the Public directory.
- Visit the Public Documents folder and search for the Intuit folder.
- After entering the Intuit directory, double-click on the QuickBooks folder to open it.
- Search for the file with the same name as your data file but with extensions .ND and .TLG.
- Once you locate them, right-click on the files and select the Rename option.
- Add .PGH to its name and press the Enter key.
- At last, QB will create new and fresh files automatically the next time you will open the company file.
In this above-mentioned blog, we have discussed all the possible solutions to resolve this QB error 6130; if you have doubts and queries, you may effortlessly contact our team by our toll-free number on Toll-Free Number +1(800) 280-5969 and avail with brief guidelines with our experienced QuickBooks Pro Advisor. Else you’re able to narrate with QBtechnical.Assist this is absolutely a trusted QuickBooks assist a company that employs qualifies QB professionals.