Sometimes when performing the most recent update or when starting the company file, it might be possible that QuickBooks users counter a Payroll update error says, “QuickBooks Error PS033 that can’t read your payroll setup file.” We would like to clarify the doubts through this blog and explain what is causing the error code PS033 and how users can correct it by themselves.
QuickBooks Payroll: View At A Glance
The payroll feature is one of the best services availed by Intuit, which can be accessed by itself or as an additional subscription with QB. In addition, QuickBooks payroll value is used by a couple of hundreds and thousands of small and medium-sized business holders for the easy-to-operate customization, which will enable them to correct Payroll as per their needs or requirements.
If you are looking for quick assistance to fix QuickBooks Error PS033, we strongly recommend you call on Toll-Free Number +1(800) 280-5969 and avail with brief guidelines with our experienced QuickBooks Pro Advisor.
Reasons Behind QB Payroll Update Error PS033
Although errors related to Payroll occurs due to a variety of reasons, here we’ll be providing you with the most common reasons:
- The QuickBooks Payroll subscription is still not activated.
- The update was failed due to a weak internet connection.
- Error PS033 in Payroll occurs when the CPS folder has a damaged file.
- In case the service key provided for the update is not correct.
- Also, If the QB user is using QuickBooks in multi-user mode, one of the users has not appropriately updated to the latest version of QuickBooks.
- Inactive Direct Deposit Agreement is based on multiple active Payroll.
- INI file of QuickBooks Desktop is either harmed or damaged.
- The PSID company file is either incorrect or invalid.
- When ‘Invalid number of EIN’ or ‘one of the Employer Identification Number (EIN) is not valid’ appears on the QB Desktop screen.
Unique And Quick Troubleshooting Guidelines To Fix Error PS033
There are various solutions to troubleshoot Error PS033 in QuickBooks. Users need to execute these methods appropriately for the best possible result. The Technical steps and solutions should be handled properly in order to avoid any uncertain error. Here we suggest some best and unique methods to get rid of this payroll error.
Solution 1 – Download the latest payroll tax tables
- At first, open up your QuickBooks and then go to the Employees menu and tap on getting Payroll updates.
- Now click on download Entire Payroll Update and keep proceeding by choosing update.
- After that, shut QB and reboot your computer when the update is downloaded successfully.
- At last, click on the company file and see if the error PS033 is solved or not.
Solution 2 – The name of the CPS folder should be change.
- Go to your saved files of QuickBooks and find your device’s hard drive. There should be a folder named Payroll in your folder components. Click on this folder and then search for the CPS folder.
- Now right-click on the folder and select rename to change CPS into CPSOLD.
- Then, execute steps 1 to 4 from solution 1 for updating the QuickBooks Payroll tax tables.
Solution 3 –Disable your (UAC) User Account Control
- Open the Run Command Box, Press the keys Windows+R.
- Now Type Control Panel and then press Enter key.
- Choose User Accounts tab > User Accounts In Control Panel.
- Change User Account Control Settings.
- Here move the slider down to Never Notify and then click on OK.
- After clicking ok, it will disable UAC.
- Now quickly, you can update the QuickBooks Payroll.
Solution 4: Restart and troubleshoot in private mode
- Verify and rebuild data in QuickBooks on your Desktop.
- After that, try to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release.
- Now restart your computer in private mode.
- Update your QuickBooks payroll tax table.
- Restart your computer.
Note: While you are here reading this article, we would like to bring your attention towards the payroll error PS038
Solution 5: Rebuild Data & Verify Data
- Open the QuickBooks App.
- Now hit the file tab.
- select the Utility option > click on Rebuild Data.
- A warning message will be displayed for backup, then click ok to backup.
- Now save your backup company file on your computer.
- Press the enter key to save it.
- Now wait for a while, click ok.
- Now Rebuild has now been completed.
- Now verify it to check the remaining data.
- Now Hit the File tab > Utility Option.
- Verify it.
- If you do not find any error, restore a backup.
- At last, Hit on the File option and select the Restore option. (Warning: Do not overwrite existing company file).
- Your Error has been fixed.
Quick Guidelines To Resolve QuickBooks Error PS033
All the above mentioned troubleshooting steps will help you out to fix the QuickBooks Error PS033. If you are still struggling while performing the steps, feel free to connect with certified QuickBooks professionals at toll-free number +1(800) 280-5969 and just sit back and relax.