- February 09, 2022
- Posted by Ruth Mazur
- Tags: Disable QuickBooks hosting on client computers, How to Turn on Hosting Mode in QuickBooks, QuickBooks database server manager hosting mode is off
- 0 comment
There are several situations why QuickBooks hosting mode is off, through which an error message pop-up on the system screen, like- QB is not installed on the server and many more.
As you know, QB is the best accounting software with multi-features that help people in their businesses. But, sometimes, while working on this software, we face some common issues that we will fix with a few simple steps mentioned in this blog.
If you need quick guidelines, don’t waste your time; just call on our Toll-Free Number +1(800) 280-5969, and we are available with brief guidelines with our experienced QuickBooks Pro-Advisor.
What are the reasons for QB Hosting not working?
There are several reasons which may occur QB hosting not working issue for this error showing up on your screen.
Read the causes well before you fix this error. It can help you to identify your error and save your time so, read the below points
- QB is not installed on the server.
- Hosting settings are incorrect.
- The database server can’t open the company file.
- The two systems won’t be able to communicate as the Windows Firewall blocks the communication.
- Windows File Permissions are incorrect.
- A firewall or antivirus is not allowing communication between computers.
Points to Remember When QB file Doctor Hosting is Off?
It would help if you tried this before, how to turn on hosting mode in QB:
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager must go through this.
- Before you start following the troubleshooting steps, have a look at these.
- Now, Install the same server manager as same as your QB version.
How to Fix QB hosting mode in QuickBooks
Step 1: Try to configure the Default Settings.
- First of all, open QB and then click on Files.
- Then, Hit on the ‘Utilities‘ option, followed by ‘Host Multi-user Access. ‘
- Now Add the number of users with the QB company file.
- If the multi-user mode is enabled, then click on ‘Cancel.‘ later; it would help you disable it.
- After that, make unique login credentials for all the users.
- At last, followed steps are completed, now the set-up is ready to use.
Step 2: Verify the Folder Permissions
To verify the Folder permission on your QB system. Then, you must ensure that the folder having your company file has the power to share the data with other systems in the network.
Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, check the folder permissions before changing them.
- Now, open the Start menu and open File Explorer.
- Right-click on the folder that stores of the company file. Choose Properties.
- In the Security tab, click on Advanced.
- Choose QBDataServiceUserXX and then Edit.
- You need to set specific settings to Allowed, some of which are: Traverse Folder/Execute File, Write Attributes, Read Extended Attributes, Read Permissions, etc.
- If the permissions aren’t set up correctly, right-click on the folder that contains the company file. Choose Properties.
- Choose Security and then Edit.
- Select QBDataServiceUserXX and choose Full Control and then click Allow.
- Now choose Apply and then OK.
- To change the folder permission, open File Explorer from the Windows Start menu.
- Click on specific folders you need to change the permissions for. The complete list of folders can be easily found on the web. Some folders may also be version-specific, so be aware of that. You will not have all the folders.
- Now right-click on the folder and choose Properties.
- In the Security tab, choose Everyone.
- Choose Full Control and select Apply and OK.
Step 3: Reinstall the QB software
- Firstly, click on Start and navigate to the ‘Control Panel. ‘
- Then under Program and Features, search QB.
- After that, choose QB and perform the uninstallation process.
- Once done, download the latest version of QB.
- At last, Hit on the ‘Multi-user mode hosting‘ and switch to it.
Step 4: On your System, Disable the Host mode
- Firstly, log in as the system admin of the QB software.
- Then, go to the ‘File Menu‘ and open ‘Utilities. ‘
- Turn off the hosting if Multi-User hosting is already in use.
- At last, ensure that hosting mode is off in all the QB systems.
Step 5: Set the Windows Admin Rights
To set Windows Admin Rights, modify any firewall settings and Windows permissions.
Go through the below-given steps to know:
- First of all, add a Windows user with admin rights. Each version of Windows has its own way to achieve this. Check your version and implement the measures accordingly.
- Now to grant admin access for QuickBooks programs to a user, you can follow specific steps.
- First, close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Open Control Panel and then choose User Accounts.
- Find the QBDataServiceUserXX for your version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose Change the Account Type and then Administrator. Now, choose Change Account Type option.
- Choose Apply to save the changes.
Steps 6: Verify If The QB services are thoroughly
- First of all, find ‘Services.msc‘ and hit the Enter key.
- You will come across the QuickBooksDBXX service appearing in the Services window.
- Now, double-click the ‘QBDBXX’ service.
- Then, in the ‘Recovery‘ tab, restart the ‘QuickBooksDBXX service‘ for the first, second, and some more.
- To be available, the ‘QBCFMonitorService‘ repeats the steps as mentioned earlier.
- Last, try to start the software.
Step 7: Try to add your server in the ‘Windows hosts file.’
- First of all, open the ‘Windows hosts file. ‘
- Once you listed the last IP address, then insert an input point and satiate in the server’s IP address.
- Then, click on ‘Tab‘ and satiate in the server name.
- Now, move to the File menu and click on Save.
- From the same menu, click on the ‘EXIT’ option.
- At last, try to open the company file.
Steps 8: At Last Turn on Hosting mode on The Server
Few steps will help you to turn on the hosting mode on the server.
So, get ready the following points.
- Firstly, move to the File Menu.
- Then, drag the cursor over Utilities.
- Now, choose the Host Multi-User mode and go to Access.
- At last, click on Yes.
Hello user, we hope that you have cleared all your doughts regarding this QuickBooks hosting mode is off the issue, and we have discussed all the possible ways to fix this issue quickly. But, unfortunately, if you are still struggling to fix this, we recommend you call on Toll-Free Number +1(800) 280-5969 and avail with guidelines with experienced QuickBooks Pro-Advisor.