QuickBooks Desktop utilizes Microsoft Outlook to send e-mails from QuickBooks. The Outlook is an e-mail manager application of Microsoft that helps third-party applications to send and receive e-mails. QuickBooks utilizes Outlook to send forms, invoices, letters, and other essential documents.
Sometimes users encounter QuickBooks Outlook is Not Responding error message. This is one of the most common errors which users face due to a configuration issue. Sending e-mail directly from QuickBooks Online is one of the most beneficial features that QuickBooks offers to its users.
What Causes “QuickBooks Email Outlook is Not Responding” Error?
The Outlook is not responding QuickBooks or Outlook not responding to Windows 7 issue can occur due to faulty settings of your Email or Internet Explorer preferences. Several reasons mentioned below evoke the “Outlook 2016 not responding windows 10” error message.
- QuickBooks Email Outlook is not Responding error message may occur due to incorrect email settings in Internet Explorer.
- Improper installation of Outlook on Windows can also lead to the error.
- The error can occur when the Outlook application runs in the background while you try to send an email from QuickBooks.
- The damaged installation of the QuickBooks can also lead to the error.
- QuickBooks Outlook is Not Responding error can also arise due to damage in Outlook email configuration file MAPI32.dll
- Improper email settings in QuickBooks application can also lead to the error.
- Outlook 2016 keeps freezing when the credentials required for Outlook and QuickBooks to communicate might have changed.
- Firewall settings could also be the major reason it doesn’t allow QuickBooks to communicate with any third-party application.
Once you know all the possible reasons that may lead to the “QuickBooks 2018 Outlook is not Responding” error message, you can easily choose the best troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.
Before you resolve QuickBooks Sending Email through Outlook is Not Responding, you must modify the System Settings and update the latest release of MS Office 365
Step 1 (How to modify the System Setting to fix the issue)
- At first, Open QuickBooks Desktop. After that, press the F2 key on your keyboard, followed by the F3 key on your keyboard to open the Help Window.
- Now, locate the Open File tab, and then from the available list, open the QBW.INI file.
- After that, the file will be open in Notepad, where you must add a new line at the bottom of the text.
- Next, click on that particular file and make sure to save it.
- When you have saved the file, make sure to close the Notepad.
- Lastly, open QuickBooks once again.
Step 2 (Update the latest release of MS Office 365)
- Firstly, open Outlook.
- Go to the File tab, select Office account, followed by the About Outlook button.
- Check that the latest release of build 12527 .20242 displays on your system screen.
- Now, for updating the latest release, click on Update Options.
- Next, select the Update Now option.
- Finally, open QuickBooks and try to mail your report or transactions by utilizing QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Outlook is not responding! Here’s how to fix it (Best 6 Troubleshooting Methods)
Below are some handy steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error “Outlook is not responding.” Users face this query in several ways, such as “outlook not responding,” “Outlook Freezes when Sending Emails from QuickBooks,” “Outlook is not Responding QuickBooks 2019”, “outlook 365 not responding”, etc. Therefore, read all the alternative solutions given below carefully to resolve the issue quickly.
Solution 1– Resolve the issue by closing all the Outlook related processes through Task Manager
- At first, go to the bottom of your computer screen, right-click on the Taskbar and select Task Manager from the list.
- Now, go to the Processes tab.
- Next, from the list of running applications, search Outlook.
- After that, click one time on the first process and then select the End Process button from the Task Manager’s bottom right corner. (Continue the same process until you have ended all the Outlook processes tab from the list).
- Now, reopen QuickBooks and try to send an email from QuickBooks to see if the issue is resolved.
If you find “outlook keeps freezing,” “outlook express not responding,” or “QuickBooks Outlook Freezes when Sending Email,” then follow the next solution.
Solution 2– Fix the issue by checking and configuring the QuickBooks Email Preferences in Internet Explorer
- Firstly, logout out from the Company File and close the QuickBooks.
- Now, press Windows + R key simultaneously on your keyboard to open the Run box.
- Next, type explorer in the run boxand click the OK option to open Internet Explorer.
- After that, go to the Tools menu; from the Program Tab, select Internet Options.
- Make sure that the default email program must be Microsoft Outlook. You must make the necessary changes if the default application is different.
- Click Apply Option.
- Now, close the Internet Explorer Windows and open QuickBooks again.
- Try to send the email again; skip to the next solution if the error doesn’t get resolved.
Solution 3- Check and Repair MAPI32.dll File
QuickBooks Outlook problems can be resolved with the help of MAPI (Messaging Application Programming Interface) file repair. MAPI is a Microsoft Windows Component that helps Microsoft Office and QuickBooks Desktop to communicate.
- Firstly, exit all the applications and programs running in the background.
- Now, open the Windows File Manager and then go to the C:\windows\System32 folder.
- Navigate the Fixmapi.exe file and double-click on the file.
- The tool must automatically repair the MAPI32.dll file.
- After that, restart your computer and then open QuickBooks and try to send an email to see if the solution has worked to fix the issue.
Solution 4- Select Outlook as an email option
- Firstly, launch the QuickBooks application and open the company file.
- From the menu bar, click on the Edit menu, go to the Preferences option, and select the Send Forms option.
- Next, choose the My Preferences Tab, and select Outlook as an email option.
- Click on the OK button and then close the company file and QuickBooks application.
- Reopen the QuickBooks application and try to email the item with QuickBooks Outlook email to see if the problem still occurs.
Solution 5- Update your QuickBooks application and Update your Windows
- Switch QuickBooks application to the non-administrative mode.
- Firstly, on your computer Desktop Screen right, click on the QuickBooks icon.
- Now, from the menu, select Properties and then choose Compatibility.
- Remove the Check Mark from the Run this Program as an Administrator box.
- After that, open and update your QuickBooks application.
- Next, Update your Windows and Restart your system.
- Finally, open QuickBooks and try to send the email. If the error doesn’t get resolved, follow the next solution.
Solution 6- Run a clean install tool
- Firstly, close all the open applications and save your unsaved work before closing all the applications.
- Now, open Task Manager and end all the QuickBooks processes.
- Next, you must rename all the QuickBooks applications and program files with a clean install tool.
- After that, restart your system.
- You must rename the folder manually, which was not renamed.
Uninstall the QuickBooks application and reboot the computer.
- Make sure to note down your license and Product Number.
- Now, from the internet, insert the installation disk or download an installation source copy.
- You must follow the instructions and run the installation wizard.
- Further, open the QuickBooks application and reactivate your product.
- From the help menu, update your QuickBooks application.
- Open your company file and try to send the email.
Hopefully, your query related to “Outlook is not Responding QuickBooks 2019” must be resolved by following the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Why my QuickBooks Outlook is Not Responding?
Answer: If “outlook freezes when composing email”, you won’t be able to send essential emails to your clients. To resolve this issue, you must follow the best troubleshooting steps. Ensure that your QuickBooks application doesn’t run as an administrator and ensure that you are using the right credentials to access your account.
In this blog, we have discussed QuickBooks Outlook is Not Responding issue. We have discussed different troubleshooting solutions to resolve the problem quickly. Users encounter “QuickBooks Outlook is Not Responding” error due to improper email settings. Make sure to check your QuickBooks Online email preferences. Dial (800) 280-5969 grab our Accounting and Bookkeeping Services for best outcome.