QuickBooks is an accounting application that is extremely easy for small and medium-sized business organizations. Script Error in QuickBooks appears on the screen when users try to access a web page from the QuickBooks program. When users open a web page from QuickBooks, then certain features connect with QuickBooks servers to execute a function. Unfortunately, if QuickBooks cannot meet those functions, users may encounter a “QuickBooks Error Code 0” issue on their screen.
What does script error mean?
You will end up scratching your head when an Unresponsive Script Error in QuickBooks Message appears on the screen. It is different from other QuickBooks Errors because the error message does not explain the issue. Script Error is a complex issue that confuses users about its existence.
You may also read: How to purge QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error message
Script Error Description
Once the error occurs, it comes along with an error message that says:
“An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line 22 char 2 error…”
“QuickBooks script error for line 7 char 5.”
“QuickBooks script error unable to get property length of undefined or Null reference. “
QuickBooks Script Error flashes on the screen when users experience trouble opening a web page from QuickBooks, and it does not function properly. It is a minor technical issue, so you don’t need to worry about file damage or QB data loss. Script Errors are generally related to Internet Explorer.
What Causes QuickBooks Script Error?
QuickBooks Internet Explorer Script Error can occur due to different reasons. Below are some common reasons that may trigger this error to the extinct.
- Users may face this error if they are trying to import data from a non-existing account.
- The malware attack on your computer could also lead to this error.
- The issue can occur if the script debugging feature is enabled.
- Script Errors may also trigger by Active X components.
- A damaged QuickBooks Data File could also be one of the reasons.
- A corrupted Window user could be the reason behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Script Error.
You might also look: Best 6 Effective Ways to Purge “QuickBooks Outlook is Not Responding” issue
Some more causes of Script Errors in QuickBooks
The error may occur due to some causes, which are mentioned below.
- In case you are inserting the account name and number that are already used, then the error can also occur.
- Firewall Settings of your system or any other third-party application are blocking the functions of the script.
- Internet Explorer Script Error in QuickBooks can occur when the cache of your Internet Explorer is corrupted.
- The error can also occur when the browser is not configured properly to QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Script Error can get triggered when Internet Explorer is already running while you make the page request.
- If QuickBooks is not synced with Internet Explorer, the error can crop up on the screen.
How to recognize QuickBooks Enterprise Giving Script Error?
When QuickBooks Enterprise gives Script Error, it shows some indications to identify the error and resolve it quickly.
- Once the issue occurs, the error message flashes on the screen while entering bank feeds from the online bank website.
- At the time of loading QuickBooks Online, users will face a process time-out issue.
- Slow performance of Internet Explorer.
- Once Script Error occurs, your system will begin to respond slowly toward the keyboard and mouse.
- When you attempt to log in, Window will block.
- You will face a Script Error message while logging into QuickBooks Online Internet Explorer.
- You won’t be able to access a web page from QuickBooks.
Quick Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve QuickBooks 2018 Script Error
Once you know the possible causes and symptoms of the QuickBooks 2018 Script Error, then you can easily resolve the issue by following the best troubleshooting methods.
Method 1 – If the error occurs while importing, then follow this method.
- First, open ‘Internet Explorer. ‘
- Secondly, go to the ‘Tools menu and choose ‘Internet options. ‘
- Press’ Alt Key’ on your keyboard if you are not able to find the table menu. This will display the entire hidden menu.
- After that, click on the ‘Advanced Tab ‘and select it.
- Now, you must clear the display notification about every script error box.
- Finally, click on the ‘OK ‘button.
Method 2- Follow this method if the error occurs while exporting
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Now, click on the ‘Tools’ option located at the right corner of your IE browser.
- Next, choose the ‘Safety & Security option and click on ‘Delete history. ‘
- After that, mark the ‘Cookies ‘and ‘website data’ checkboxes and click on the ‘Delete ‘button.
- Wait for a few seconds to delete the complete history of your browser.
- Finally, close your Internet Explorer browser and reopen it.
Method 3- Clear SSL Certificates from Internet Explorer
- First, open Internet Explorer, select the Gear icon, and then from the top select Internet options.
- Secondly, go to the Content tab and click on the Clear SSL state tab.
- Finally, click OK to save changes.
Method 4- Add Intuit as a trusted site
- First, open Internet Explorer, and select the gear icon in the internet explorer.
- Then, go to the Tools section on the internet explorer browser and then visit the Security tab.
- Now, users must select the trusted sites and then select the sites tab.
- Further to proceed, enter the HTTP://*.Intuit.com and then Add this website to the zone field. Click on the add tab.
- After that, the user must carry out the steps for HTTPS://*.quickbooks.com.
- Now, select the Close option and get out of the trusted site’s window.
- Choose the custom level and then scroll down to miscellaneous.
- Choose the Enable option and click on the OK button, under the Allow cross-domain requests.
- Click the apply button and select OK tabs to close the internet options window.
- Finally, reboot internet explorer and apply changes.
Method 5- QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
To resolve the issue, download and install QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool, which detects and fixes the issue completely.
- First, go to the Intuit website and download QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
- Open the downloaded file and then install the tool.
- Further, double-click the tool to start the process.
- Once the process is done, you will see the result on the screen.
- If the results show no error found, that means there is no issue with the files.
- If the error is detected, then wait patiently to get it fixed.
Method 6- Remove or Uninstall ActiveX File
- To uninstall and remove the ActiveX file, the user must first open Internet Explorer and navigate to the options in Internet Explorer.
- After that, click on the settings tab.
- Further, click on the view objects tab.
- Now, check all ActiveX files which are currently installed in the system.
- And then, search the file name starting with a box-like qboax11 or qboax11.dll.
- Finally, the user must close all internet-explorer running windows and then delete the file from the system.
Method 7- Make sure to disable add-ons on Internet Explorer.
- First, open Internet Explorer and go to the tools section.
- Choose internet options.
- You must click on the programs tab.
- Click on the manage add-ons option.
- Select the disable add-ons function & click the OK button.
Method 8- Reset your default browser or Internet Explorer
- First, open Internet Explorer.
- Click on tools and select Internet Options.
- Further, click on the advanced tab.
- Finally, click on Reset to default.
- Click on the Apply & OK button to save the changes.
Method 9- Create a Fresh New User
If you are getting the script error in QuickBooks with every web source, then there are high chances that your Windows user is corrupted or damaged. Therefore, you must create a fresh new user with equal admin rights to stop getting script errors. Ensure that this method is only applicable when you face QuickBooks Script Error with every web source.
Method 10- Repair your QuickBooks Data File
If you won’t be able to resolve the issue by following all the above methods. Then, you must run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to repair your QuickBooks Data File. To run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, download it from Intuit Website.
QuickBooks Desktop Script Error when Syncing QB Time
When users select Employees > Enter Time > Sync QuickBooks Time, they will receive script errors. A script error prevents the browser window from opening in order for users to log in and sync.
If the issue still persists, there are a few things users try to fix it:
- Navigate to Help, then Update QuickBooks Desktop, and then run and install any available updates.
- Verify that Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) is installed and that you have the most recent version installed.
- Utilize the Control Panel to clear the cached data in Internet Explorer.
Script Error when opening QB Pro 2016
If the resolving methods don’t work it means the data file is corrupted or damaged. To, deal with the above, try these things:
To verify data,
- Head to the File menu.
- Click Utilities, then Verify Data.
- Click OK when prompted.
To rebuild data,
- Navigate to the File menu.
- Click Utilities, then select Rebuild Data.
- Choose OK to back up your company file.
- Wait until the Rebuild is completed.
- Click View Results.
Hopefully, you have gone through all the alternative methods mentioned above to resolve IE Script Error Code 0.
Script Error in QuickBooks appears on the screen when users try to access a webpage from the application. The error is generally related to Internet Explorer. Therefore, users must fix script errors in QuickBooks quickly. In this article, we have mentioned different alternative solutions and the possible causes to resolve the issue. If you have still any doubts, dial QuickBooks ProAdvisor toll-free number 1800 280-5969 to make your doubt clear.