Developed and marketed by Intuit, QuickBooks is one of the best accounting applications globally, which is extremely useful for small and medium-sized business organizations. Despite the fact that QuickBooks helps their users track records of their business transactions and its multiple facilities, it also originates some errors that might hinder you from executing few essential works or cause you to miss time-limit.
- What does script error mean?
- Causes of Getting QuickBooks Script Error
- How to recognize QuickBooks Enterprise Giving Script Error?
- Quick Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve Script Error
Script Error in QuickBooks is one of those errors, which appears on the screen when users try to access a web page from the QB program. When users open a web page from QuickBooks, then certain features connect with QB servers to execute a function. Unfortunately, if QB cannot meet those functions, users might encounter an error message, i.e., “QuickBooks Error Code 0” on their screen.
In this blog, we will be explaining to you about QuickBooks script error. We will also highlight some of the primary reasons behind the error and provide you with some proper troubleshooting steps to resolve it promptly. To avoid any complications related to this error, stick to this blog till the end and follow all the mentioned steps below.
What does script error mean?
A script error is an error that shows up when it can’t perform instructions from the script due to some reason. QuickBooks script error occurs due to Internet explorer’s troublesome settings and also when IE cache file is not cleared. Another reason for this could be software is not updated. Even after this error, if it continues to run, it can be possible that your system might become unresponsive.
When an Unresponsive Script Error Message emerges on the screen, it becomes difficult for the QB users to open a company file, as it’s different from other QuickBooks Errors because the error message does not explain the issue. Script Error in QuickBooks is a complex issue which confuses user about its existence.
You may also read: How to purge QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error message
Script Error Description
Once the error occurs, it comes along with an error message that says:
“An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line 22 char 2 error…”
“QuickBooks script error for line 7 char 5.”
“QuickBooks script error unable to get property length of undefined or Null reference. “
In simple terms, QuickBooks Script Error flashes on the screen when users experience trouble opening a web page from QB because it does not function appropriately.
Since it is a minor technical issue, users don’t need to worry about file damages or data loss in QB, and also, it doesn’t hamper the security of the page. Script Error in QuickBooks are generally related to Internet Explorer. QB by default functions on IE settings to get connected with an Internet connection.
What Causes QuickBooks Script Error?
QuickBooks Internet Explorer Script Error can occur due to different reasons. Below are some common reasons that may trigger this error to the extinct.
- Users may face this error if they are trying to import data from a non-existing account.
- The malware attack on your computer could also lead to this error.
- The issue can occur if the script debugging feature is enabled.
- Script Error may also trigger by Active X components.
- Damaged QuickBooks Data File could also be one of the reasons.
- Corrupted Window user could be the reason behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Script Error.
You might also look: Best 6 Effective Ways to Purge “QuickBooks Outlook is Not Responding” issue
Some more causes of Script Error in QuickBooks
There are some more reasons that may cause script error, which is mentioned below.
- The error might appear when in case you are inserting the account name and number that have been already used.
- Firewall Settings of your system or any other third-party application is blocking the functions of the script.
- Internet Explorer Script Error in QuickBooks can occur when the cache of your Internet Explorer is corrupted.
- The error can also occur when the browser is not configured correctly to QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Script Error can get trigger when the Internet Explorer is already running while you make the page request.
- If QuickBooks is not synced with Internet Explorer, the error can crop up on the screen.
How to recognize QuickBooks Enterprise Giving Script Error?
When QuickBooks Enterprise Giving Script Error, it shows some indications to identify the error and quickly resolve it. Some of the Indications are mentioned below:
- Once the issue occurs, the error message flashes on the screen while entering bank feeds from the online bank website.
- At the time of loading QuickBooks Online, users will face process time out issue.
- Slow performance of Internet Explorer.
- Once Script Error occurs, your system will begin to respond slow towards the keyboard and mouse.
- When you attempt to log in, Window will block.
- You will face Script Error message while logging into QuickBooks Online Internet Explorer.
- You won’t be able to access a web page from QuickBooks.
Quick Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve QuickBooks 2018 Script Error
Once you know the possible causes and symptoms of the QuickBooks 2018 Script Error, then you can efficiently resolve the issue by following the best troubleshooting methods provided below: cc
Method 1 – If the error occurs while importing, then follow this method.
- At first, open ‘Internet Explorer. ‘
- Secondly, go to the ‘Tools menu’ and choose ‘Internet options. ‘
- Press’ Alt Key’ on your keyboard if you are not able to find the table menu. This will display the entire hidden menu.
- After that, click on the ‘Advanced Tab ‘and select it.
- Now, you must clear the display a notification about every script error box.
- Finally, click on the ‘OK ‘button.
Method 2- Follow this method if the error occurs while exporting
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Now, click on the ‘Tools’ option located at the right corner of your IE browser.
- Next, choose the ‘Safety & Security’ option and click on ‘Delete history. ‘
- After that, mark the ‘Cookies ‘and ‘website data’ checkbox and click on the ‘Delete ‘button.
- Wait for few seconds to delete the complete history of your browser.
- Finally, close your Internet Explorer browser and reopen it.
Method 3- Clear SSL Certificates from Internet Explorer
- At first, open Internet Explorer, select the Gear icon, and then from the top select Internet options.
- Secondly, go to the Content tab and click on the Clear SSL state tab.
- Finally, click OK to save changes.
Method 4- Add Intuit as a trusted site
- At first, open Internet Explorer, and select the gear icon in the internet explorer.
- Then, go to the Tools section on the internet explorer browser and then visit the Security tab.
- Now, users must select the trusted sites and then select the sites tab.
- Further to proceed, enter the HTTP://*.Intuit.com and then Add this website to the zone field. Click on the add tab.
- After that, the user must carry out the steps for HTTPS://*.quickbooks.com.
- Now, select the Close option and get out of the trusted site’s window.
- Choose the custom level and then scroll down to miscellaneous.
- Choose the Enable option and click on the OK button, under the Allow cross-domain requests.
- Click the apply button and select OK tabs to close the internet options window.
- Finally, reboot the internet explorer and apply changes.
Method 5- QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
To resolve the issue, download and install QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool, which detects and fixes the issue completely.
- At first, go to the Intuit website and download QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool.
- Open the downloaded file and then install the tool.
- Further, double click the tool to start the process.
- Once the process is done, you will see the result on the screen.
- If the results show no error found, that means there is no issue with the files.
- If the error is detected, then wait patiently to get it fixed.
Method 6- Remove or Uninstall ActiveX File
- To uninstall and remove the ActiveX file, the user must first open Internet Explorer and navigate to the options in Internet Explorer.
- After that, click on the settings tab.
- Further, click on the view objects tab.
- Now, check all ActiveX files which are currently installed in the system.
- And then, search the file name starting with qboax like qboax11 or qboax11.dll.
- Finally, the user must close all internet-explorer running windows and then delete the file from the system.
Method 7- Make sure to disable add-ons on Internet Explorer.
- At first, open Internet Explorer and go to the tools section.
- Secondly, choose internet options.
- Thirdly, you must click on the programs tab.
- Fourthly, click on the manage add-ons option.
- Finally, select the disable add-ons function & click the OK button.
Method 8- Reset your default browser or Internet Explorer
- At first, open Internet Explorer.
- Click on tools and select Internet Options.
- Further, click on the advanced tab.
- Finally, click on Reset to default.
- Click on the Apply & OK button to save the changes.
Method 9- Create a Fresh New User
If you are still getting the script error in QuickBooks with every web source, then there are high chances that your Windows user is corrupted or damaged. Therefore, you must create a fresh new user with equal admin rights to stop getting script errors. This method is only applicable when you face QuickBooks Script Error with every web source.
Method 10- Repair your QuickBooks Data File
If you won’t be able to resolve the issue by following all the above methods. Then, you must run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to repair your QuickBooks Data File. To run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, download it from Intuit Website.
Hopefully, you have gone through all the alternative methods mentioned above to resolve IE Script Error Code 0.
Script Error in QuickBooks appears on the screen when users try to access a webpage from the application. The error is generally related to Internet Explorer. Therefore, users must fix script errors in QuickBooks quickly.
In this article, we have mentioned different solutions and the possible causes to resolve the issue. The above-described techniques will help you in repairing script errors. If you still have any doubts and need expert advice, please feel free to call our highly experienced QuickBooks professionals at Toll Free Number (800) 280-5969 to resolve this issue by yourself.