QuickBooks is the most acceptable accounting application on which users can rely for handling their business accountancy. Apart from its advanced features, we cannot deny the fact that the application is prone to specific errors. There are various technical bugs that users can encounter while working in the application. To deal with all these issues, Intuit offers various tools that act as the perfect solutions. One such tool is QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool. Intuit has designed a QuickBooks pdf & print repair tool to fix users’ issues while printing PDFs, invoices, etc.
To learn about this tool thoroughly, make sure to read this post till the end. The tool helps you in wiping out the QuickBooks Printing and PDF errors.
What do you mean by QuickBooks pdf and print repair tool?
Intuit is the developer of QuickBooks. Therefore, to fix various application issues, Intuit has designed tools that help to deal with the technical bugs that users encounter. QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool helps improve the problems of Microsoft components that appear at the time of printing.
The QuickBooks application needs various components such as XPS Document Writer, MSXML, and Print Spooler Service to print documents. Any fault in these components triggers printing errors in the application.
QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool Quick Guide To Understand
Version- Latest version
Size- 23 MB
License- Both Free & Paid
Downloads- 19 M
System Requirements for QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool Download
Internet– Required to Download
Screen Resolution- 1024 x 768 or higher screen resolution recommended
Memory- 1 GB RAM, 512 MB free hard disk space
Operating System- Windows (All versions)
Processor- 266MHz or even faster system processor
How to make use of QuickBooks print and pdf repair tool?
If printing bugs occur because of any Microsoft component or incorrect setting of QuickBooks Desktop, this tool can help resolve the problems quickly. Sometimes the error can also occur due to a fault in the printer itself. In that case, users require different troubleshooting methods or an IT expert to get it resolved.
Below are some errors that can easily be rectified by using QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool.
- Formatting issues while printing
- QuickBooks unable to locate the PDF viewer
- Unable to get the preview of PDFs and other documents
- The printer is not activated error
- An error occurred while saving the PDF file using QuickBooks
- QuickBooks got stuck after the print command
- For printing, QuickBooks is unable to create PDF files
- Getting Blank Prints from Printer
- QuickBooks showing error message “The Device is Not Ready.”
- Error 1801 or Error 1722 (Error installing the PDF Converter)
- Error 30, Error 20, Error 41 occur while activating PDF Converter
- QuickBooks Unrecoverable error
Printing Errors in QuickBooks-Possible Causes
Numerous reasons lead to printing issues in QuickBooks. Below is the list of reasons that causes QuickBooks Printing errors.
- The error may occur due to limited folder access permission.
- Unsupported or missing printer drivers can also lead to the error.
- Damage in XPS service that printer utilizes to print.
- XPS Document Writer does not have proper Window user Access Permission.
- Damaged installation of MSXML.
- The error may occur when the Windows Print Spooler service is idle.
- Antivirus or Firewall application can also trigger the error.
How to Setup QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool?
There are two ways to download QB PDF Repair Tool.
- Via QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download directly from Intuit’s website
Method 1- Download and Install QuickBooks Tool Hub to use PDF Repair Tool.
Before following the steps given below, users must first close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub from the Intuit website and save the file at the location where you can easily find it.
- Ensure to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version.
- Open the downloaded file, i.e., QuickBooksToolHub.exe.
- Follow the instructions that the user will see on the screen.
- Further click on agree to the terms and conditions.
- After that, click on the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
Process to Run the QB PDF Repair Tool
- When Tool Hub opens up, users must click on the Program Problems option.
- After clicking on Program Problems, users will see QB Print & PDF Repair Tool option.
- Click on that option, and then the tool will open up.
- Users must follow the on-screen instructions to fix the errors with the Print and PDF Repair Tool.
Method 2- Download QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool directly from Intuit.
Make sure that your application is updated to the latest version.
- Go to Intuit’s official website and download the QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool.
- Open downloads and press CTRL + J keys on the browser.
- Turn on the printer and make sure that it can establish a connection with the system.
- Now, users need to find the QuickBooksDesktopPDFTool.exe file under the download option.
- Further, users must right-click the file and choose the Run as admin option.
- Next, the application will scan all the components that are involved in the printing process.
- After that command prompt will appear on the screen stating, “Added Printer Driver Microsoft XPS Document Writer, Ending QuickBooks Processes in the background…”
- Users must wait for the app to scan the errors.
- Finally, when QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool completes the process, the command prompt window automatically gets closed.
- Users must reboot the Windows and then try to print any documents using the QuickBooks application.
How to get Troubleshoot PDF and print problem with QuickBooks?
Below are the quick and straightforward solutions to fix QuickBooks PDF Problems. Make sure to read them carefully.
Solution 1 – By pass the print spooler
- Open the Printers Control Panel in your Windows.
- Select the Printer properties or Properties option by right-clicking on the Microsoft XPS Document Writer.
- Choose the Advanced tab option click on Print Directly to Printer option.
- Click on the OK button to save your changes.
- After that, close the Printer Properties.
Solution 2- Rename and Delete the Printer File
- Firstly, spot and select Files.
- Users need to rename the files such as qbprint.old & wpr.old and make sure not to delete them for the current period.
- Now, users must run QuickBooks and open Company File.
- Further, select the file and printer setup.
- In the form name, select any transactions.
- Finally, click on OK button.
Solution 3- Run QuickBooks pdf printer repair tool from the Tool Hub
- Download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Go to the Program Problems.
- Further, choose QuickBooks PDF & Print Repair Tool and run this tool on your system.
- Lastly, Print, email, or save as a PDF from QuickBooks Desktop again.
Note- Running process may take some time to accomplish the task.
Hopefully, the information mentioned above will help you download, install or use the QuickBooks PDF Repair Tool. The tool is best for resolving all the printing issues of the application. However, feel free to contact our Accounting and Bookkeeping helpline number +1(800) 280-5969 in case of any query. Our team will be available for you to assist with your issues in a single call.