Intuit developed QuickBooks software to manage accounting & bookkeeping. It is one of the best accounting software, but it also creates some technical issues that might hinder users from working just like every other software. For example, there are times when users complain about the issue of QuickBooks not loading, which can get very irritating at times. The error shows up when users try to open the application. There can be many reasons why is QuickBooks not opening.
Through this article, we will discuss about several possibilities behind the error and also the solutions to troubleshoot this issue. If you also can’t open QuickBooks and want to know why is my QuickBooks not opening, then read this article thoroughly until the end.
Highlighted points of this article:
- Here’s why QuickBooks Online not loading
- Possible reasons behind QuickBooks app not opening
- Symptoms of why is QuickBooks not opening
- Methods to troubleshoot QuickBooks Online app not loading
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Question)
Here’s why QuickBooks Online not loading
Every QuickBooks user must have encountered this issue once in their lifetime, as it is a very common error. Whenever users try to open QB or a company file, the program stops responding or starts crashing. There are multiple reasons for why QuickBooks app not opening. At times only rebooting your system might solve your QuickBooks online not loading, but sometimes it can also take a lot of methods to open.
When the error appears on the screen, it comes with an error message and three options along with it, i.e.
“QuickBooks has stopped working”
- Check online for a solution and close the program
- Close the program
- Debug the program
Possible reasons behind QuickBooks app not opening
As mentioned above, why is my QuickBooks not opening is a very common issue and can appear due to many possible reasons. Some of them are listed below:
- The error occurs when the QBWUSER.INI file gets missing or damaged.
- The corrupted hard drive might lead to this error.
- One of the reasons can be damaged Operating system.
- Users might be using old & expired versions of QuickBooks (it needs to be updated every now & then).
- The company file name might have exceeded the maximum character limit.
- There might be an inappropriate installation of the application that prevents QB from functioning.
- Improper system resources can also trigger the error.
Symptoms of why is QuickBooks not opening
There are some signs related to QuickBooks not loading which might help users in identifying the error.
- An error message repeatedly shows up on your screen saying, “QuickBooks is not responding or not working.”
- QB software will not open.
- The device might get freeze every time you try to open, and won’t respond to your keyboard inputs.
- The system will get shut down automatically.
- System hangs or crashes.
Methods to troubleshoot QuickBooks Online app not loading
The issue of QuickBooks not loading becomes very irritating at times. In order to remove that issue, we provided some methods for you to resolve it manually so that you will be able to use the QuickBooks application again. Follow the steps mentioned below:
METHOD 1 – From the QuickBooks Tool Hub, run Quick fix my program
STEP 1 – Download & Install QuickBooks Tool Hub
Installing QuickBooks Tool Hub might remove the error
- First of all, close QuickBooks.
- Now, download QuickBooks Tool Hub and save it where you will be able to locate it quickly.
- After that, open the file you downloaded.
- To Install the QB tool hub, follow all the instructions provided on the screen and accept all the terms and conditions.
- Once the installation gets completed, double-tap on it to open.
STEP 2 – Run Quick fix my program
This tool will help you with the quick repair of the program
- At first, double-tap on QB Tool Hub, click on the program problems.
- From there, choose quick fix my program.
- Lastly, right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop with the data file.
STEP 3 – Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
The QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool identifies the error real quick and fixes it automatically.
- To begin with, right-click on QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Now, from the tool hub, click on installation issues.
- Next, tap on the QB install diagnostic tool.
- It might take some time; wait for the tool to run.
- At last, check that all the components are properly stored, restart the system.
Note: Before you run the QB install tool, close all the background processes.
Step 4: From QuickBooks Desktop, run the clean install tool.
The clean install tool helps in modifying the names of an outdated install folder for the user. In addition, this tool enables the user to add newly installed files.
- Initially, right-click on QB tool hub.
- Now, tap on the installation issues.
- Choose the clean install tool and click on OK.
- Further, select the QB version and also the product version.
- Hit on Continue.
- After receiving the ‘, please install the copy of QuickBooks to the default location’ message on the screen, click on OK.
- Now, you are ready to install QuickBooks Desktop again.
METHOD 2 – Download & install QuickBooks Refresher Tool
Intuit developed this tool to remove QB’s most common errors. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, you need to begin by closing the QuickBooks application.
- Now, download the QuickBooks refresher tool.
- Next, what you need to do is save the file from where you can easily find it.
- After the procedure is completed, click on the run to execute the QB refresher tool.
- This tool identifies the issue and resolves it automatically.
- At last, open QuickBooks and check whether the issue is solved or not.
METHOD 3 – Exit from QBW32.exe Process
- Open the Windows taskbar, click on the start task manager.
- Now, move your cursor to the Processes tab and hit enter.
- Hit on the image name to solve the process accordingly.
- In the end, find out the QBW32.exe file and hit the end process.
METHOD 4: Reboot the device and turn off the anti-virus program
- Start by restarting your system.
- If the error still shows up, check whether your anti-virus is turned off or not.
METHOD 5: Use the QuickBooks repair tool
- First of all, download the QuickBooks repair tool.
- Save the file from where you can locate it.
- After that, close all the background running programs.
- Next, install the tool.
- It takes around 20 minutes to complete the installation. You need to wait patiently.
- After the tool fixes the program, restart the system.
METHOD 6: Open company file from QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to the File menu, click on the open or restore company option.
- Decide the type of company file you wish to open.
- Now, take the folder to the located file.
- Tap on the file and double-tap on it to open.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Question)
Question 1: Why is QuickBooks not working on Google chrome?
Answer: QuickBooks not working on Google Chrome shows up when the browser’s configuration is incorrect and because of a weak internet connection.
Follow the procedure to fix the issue:
Procedure 1: Verify the time & date of the system
- Press Windows + R to open the run command and then type the control panel.
- Go to the search box and find out the date & time section.
- Edit the date and time from there.
- Hit on change & time.
- Change the date and time as per your location.
- Lastly, select apply and hit OK.
Procedure 2: Erase cache & Cookies
- Right-click on Chrome, press Ctrl + Alt + Delete simultaneously.
- Click on the all-time from the time range section.
- To proceed, mark cached images, files, cookies, and other side data boxes.
- Tap on the clear data.
- After the data gets erased, try opening QuickBooks online from Google Chrome.
Question 2: How & Why is QuickBooks online not working?
Answer: Open an Incognito Windows in the web browser. This cleans the data and also opens your account in a clean state. Want to know how? By following the steps below:
- Google Chrome: CTRL + SHIFT + N
- Mozilla Firefox: CTRL + SHIFT + P
- Internet Explorer: Same as Mozilla Firefox.
- Safari: CTRL + SHIFT + N
After you have entered an incognito window, log in to your QuickBooks Online account. After that, delete the cache.
We hope that you were able to resolve QuickBooks not loading by following all the methods as mentioned above. You can restart the system, if it’s a minor issue after restarting, it will get removed, and QuickBooks will start working again. However, it would be best to solve it as soon as possible as it can become frustrating over time. You can also contact QuickBooks professional at (800) 280-5969 to get instant solution.