QuickBooks not responding occurs due to several reasons most appropriate one is INI file may be damaged, corrupted, or missing, and sometimes it might get frozen.
No need to worry, we are here to help you out through this situation, by this blog, we are going to resolve this error with some easy steps so that you can use QuickBooks without any error. We recommend you to read this blog post carefully, there are some easy methods to resolve this issue till the end to learn about all the causes and troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.
We strongly recommend you to call on Toll-Free Number +1(800) 280-5969 and avail with brief guidelines with our experienced QuickBooks Pro-Advisor.
What To Do When QuickBooks Has Stopped Working
As a QuickBooks user, while opening QB Desktop you may face an error on your screen, the screen may freeze, or might not respond to any command. A message display on your screen QuickBooks has stopped working or not responding, not opening error, when you try to open QuickBooks desktop.
Why QuickBooks is not Responding?
- The company name might be too long.
- QBWUSER.NI file that you have saved might be damaged, corrupted, or missing.
- The hard drive might be corrupt.
- QuickBooks Desktop installation might have been damaged.
- Your Windows operating system might be damaged.
- You have installed incorrect QuickBooks on Windows.
Remember – After this error, you may face the error “QuickBooks Outlook Is Not Responding” to fix this error you may visit this link.
How To Identify If QuickBooks not Responding?
When QuickBooks has stopped working, not responding, or won’t open, these problems occur in your software. The below-mentioned steps will help you to identify errors:
- Your system automatically shuts down.
- Your computer’s screen will freeze and stop working.
- QuickBooks doesn’t respond and freezes to your input commands.
- When you try to open QuickBooks it will not open.
Points to Remember if QuickBooks is not Responding
The important factors that you must consider for QB not Responding are below-mentioned:
- Firstly, you must install the latest version of the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- The Company file must be or less than 35 characters, including spaces.
- Turn off the antivirus protection on your computer before running QuickBooks. If your issue gets resolved, then you need to exclude QuickBooks from Your antivirus scan list.
- Whenever you log in to QuickBooks make sure that account has administrative rights on windows.
- Using Clean Install Tool try to reinstall QuickBooks.
- If you want to know how this tool works visit here- QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
If the error QuickBooks is not Responding while opening a company file, then you can still open QuickBooks, then follow the blog to resolve QuickBooks not responding.
How to resolve QuickBooks not Responding Error?
These are the most common issues that occur in QuickBooks System.
By following the below-mentioned steps to resolve issues that don’t let QuickBooks open or freeze the software.
You should try to solve these types of errors at your own risk. If you want to resolve comfortably then follow the given technical methods, before proceeding follow these given steps:
- At first, Restart your system
- Then, open the QuickBooks software
- Click on Start > All Programs > Right Click on QuickBooks
- Open QuickBooks by Pressing the Ctrl key
Solution 1: Download and use QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Firstly, download the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Then, save the file where QB is installed on your computer.
- Close all the running applications on your computer.
- Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool- Benefits And Usage
- Restart your system after running the tool to make sure that the windows components are updated
- Reboot your system then run the tool to make sure that the windows components are updated.
Solution 2: Scan and Repair Bad Sectors on Hard-Disk
- For opening Windows File Manager press Windows + E and right-click on the c-drive.
- After that, under the Tools menu select properties and click on check now.
- Then, check and mark the box Automatically fix file system, error, and scan for an attempt recovery of bad sectors.
- Now, click on start and wait till Windows completes the scan and repair process.
Solution 3: Reboot your system and Disable your Anti-virus Software
- Firstly, Reboot your system
- Then, open your QuickBooks Desktop
- Temporarily disable your antivirus if the issue still occurs
Note: In case the error still occurs, just try to disable your antivirus software. You can take help from your IT professional at this time, or you can contact us directly by our toll-free number +1(800) 280-5969. Without wasting your precious time.
Solution 4: Rename the QBWUSER.ini file
After changing the name of the files will erase the company files that were opened before changing the names.
These below-mentioned steps will help you to open your company
- Firstly, find and open the folder QBWUSER.ini is stored. (If you are not able to find the folder, and enable all the hidden files and folders to search it)
- Now at first, follow this path: Location:\Users\[Your username]\AppData\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks [year]
- Right-click and Rename the QBWUSER.ini
- Put .old at the end of the file name of QBWUSER.ini
- Also, rename the EntitlementDataStore.ecml
- After opening a sample file and you won’t able to open your own company file, then copy the file to a different folder or location and open it from the new location (copy the file to a local folder than a network location)
- The company file opens from the new location, but the issue might occur from a damaged folder.
- If you are still struggling to sign in to your company file, there will be a chance that your company file is damaged.
- Try restoring an earlier backup of that file instead In case of a damaged file.
Note: QuickBooks will Automatically create a new QBWUSER.INI file in the QB system.
Solution 5: How to Reinstall Windows Operating System?
Before Reinstall windows to get rid of QuickBook’s Not responding error, make sure to make a backup of your company file. Reinstallation would altogether remove QuickBooks and Company file data from the computer.
Solution 6: Open the Company File from a Different Folder Location
- Firstly, open your computer, then press the Windows + E
- By pressing Windows + E, search for the data which has a .qbw file extension.
- Browse the network drive on which you need to save your company file to search the file located on a server.
- First, right-click, and after finding the company file copy the option.
- After that, open C: Drive> make a new folder> name it as QBTEST.
- Then, open the QBTEST folder and paste your company file.
- Open QuickBooks and hold the CTRL key at the same time.
- At the end C:\QBTEST folder, select the option Restore An Existing Company.
- Open the QB company file that the user has been copied in the QBTEST folder.
In this blog, we have discussed all the possible points that can be the reason for QuickBooks not responding, after going through this above-mentioned blog you will easily solve your error step by step.
However, if you are still struggling while performing the steps, feel free to call our certified QuickBooks professionals at our toll-free no +1(800) 280-5969. Without wasting your precious time.