QuickBooks Error 6123 is a common problem among all, maybe it’s irritating for users when they try to restore QuickBooks more than once, then they face this error to the QB company file from the backup hard disk or open company file over the multi-network server an error message pop-up on-screen as QuickBooks error 6123 shown on your desktop screen.
As we know QuickBooks is the best accounting software, it has multi-options to tackle your business easier and smoother, but some you might have face these type of common error as usually that can be resolved by the guidelines of this article.
If you are in a hurry our best advice would be to call on Toll-Free Number +1(800) 280-5969 and avail with brief guidelines with our experienced QuickBooks Pro-Advisor.
What is QuickBooks Error 6123,0?
The error code 6123,0 occurs in the QuickBooks desktop application, an error message “Error:- 1623,0 We’re Sorry, QuickBooks Can’t open the company file”.
QuickBooks users may follow this procedure to resolve the QB company file error by using the clean install tool and Setting Up QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
If the basic process will not help you to resolve QB error 6123,0 then you will required to follow additional troubleshooting to get the error fixed.
The below-mentioned step will help you to fix the error:
What Causes the QuickBooks Error – 6123,0?
Well, there are several reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks error 6123. You can avoid them by following the below-mentioned step:
- QuickBook’s main system has a corrupt network connection.
- QuickBooks damaged profile file is one of the causes of this issue.
- Your firewall network setting might be blocked and need to communicate with the server company file.
- Damaged QBW files.
- Corrupt QuickBooks data or program files.
- Your system has multiple QuickBooks database services are running.
- If the Same QB company file is open in a new/ upgraded version of QuickBooks.
- When you restore a backup of QB from a flash drive or a removable storage device.
- Due to Damaged Window user.
Steps to Fix QB error 6123,0
Step – 1: Install and Use QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
- On your main computer, check my network connection. Install and run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- If the above steps don’t work then, follow the below-mentioned steps to fix the error.
Step – 2: Run QuickBooks Desktop Update
If you don’t upgrade your QuickBooks Desktop, it not only attracts errors but also these steps was responsible for bad performance or degraded performance. Users should keep updating their QuickBooks and ensure that it should be free from bugs and other issues. For complete information on updating QuickBooks Desktop to the latest version, visit our site QB Resolve and you can read our blog How to update QuickBooks desktop in an easy way If installing the updates did not help you resolve QuickBooks company file error 6123, then follow the next step to resolve this error code – 6123,0.
Step- 3: Rename the .Nd file along with .TLG file
- At first, you should have to open the folder where you have placed the QB company file is saved.
- Then, go to the Windows drive where QB files were stored and select the coordinated .ND file of your organization.
- After that, click to right-click on the QB company file and then, select the rename option.
- Now you are ready to change the name .ND file to the .ND.OLD.
- You have also another option to choose .TLG file and change the .TLG file.
- Change the name .TLG to .TLG.OLD.
- After all the following open the QuickBooks Company file.
Step – 4: Change your QuickBooks Company File to another Location
- In any case, if you are not able to start your, QuickBooks company file.
- After following all the above-mentioned steps you need to Transfer the QuickBooks Company file to another location by doing the next step.
- If the main computer still has the connections and is being utilized by you then copy that selected file from the main system and then open it.
Step – 5: Use the function Auto Data Recovery
- In this error, you can restore the .ADR copy of this selected file.
- And, check whether it works or not By using .ADR
- Yes, there is still a chance that the file is damaged or corrupted and still might be resolved QB error – 6123,0.
- You can use Auto Data Recovery Tool to resolve these errors.
Step – 6: Disable the system Security Programs
- Usually, the antivirus protection is available in your system, which interferes with your QB company file and becomes as malware.
- This issue stops the system to open the QB company file.
- In that condition, you have to disable the QuickBooks application and after that, you have to open the company file.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the QuickBooks error – 6123,0.
Note: In case the error still occurs, just try to disable your antivirus software. You can take help from your IT professional at this time, or you can contact us directly by our toll-free number +1(800) 280-5969 without wasting your precious time.
Step – 7: Uninstall and Reinstall the QB application in an Easy Way
- Before following, make sure about the license number and product details.
- First, you need to open the control panel and uninstall the current version of QuickBooks
- Now download the latest version of QuickBooks which is suitable for your current system.
- Try to download QuickBooks in normal mode.
- After downloading the QuickBooks you need to enter the product key and license number and the important details.
- Once you have completed the following procedure this will automatically be registered, and show active to us.
- Now the user is all set to open the company file.
Step – 8: Setup a New window User
- To set up, you need to open the control panel tab.
- Now go to the user icon and choose the option “create new user choice.”
- Then, select the administrator for user type.
- Now, log out from your current account.
- Restart your system and after that login into your New user-id.
- And then, transfer the QuickBooks to a new Window.
- At last, open QuickBooks and try to open the company file.
Step- 9: Use QuickBooks Clean install tool
As a QuickBooks user, we recommend you to use QuickBooks Clean Install Tool this is the best tool to detect junk files, cache data and help you to find common errors and you can easily resolve them by using the QB clean tool. It is master in tackling the technical problems in the QuickBooks application.
In this blog, we have discussed all the possible points that can be the reason for QuickBooks Error 6123,0, after going through this above-mentioned blog you will easily solve your error step by step.
However, if you are still struggling while performing the steps, feel free to call our certified QuickBooks professionals at our toll-free no +1(800) 280-5969. Without wasting your precious time.