QuickBooks Error 31600 occurs when users try to send payroll through direct deposit, and it also occurs When you are downloading the payroll updates. If the error code 31600 appears on your screen, simply it means QuickBooks stops working and impacting the business operations, that is why you need to fix this error as quick as possible.
QuickBooks is one of the fastest, quickest and easiest applications that help users in accounting with its multi-features. After this error, users are not able to run QuickBooks correctly. So, we suggest go through this article to fix this error.
This article is all about error 31600. Here we will discuss, why this error code occurs and how can we solve the 31600-error code in QB. However, you can drop a call to us at +1(800) 280-5969 for the expert solution.
How QuickBooks Error 31600 occurs?
It is a technical error that generally occurs due to some reasons like:
it happens while sending payroll through direct deposit or while creating a backup and a few more which we will discuss later in this article.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 31600
This error happens in various situations, and the problems have listed below. So carefully to these points:
- While creating a backup and creating a Portable File.
- This happens when sending payroll through direct deposit.
- The Firewall and anti-virus software are blocking the updates and causing this issue.
- The error also appears when you are trying to create a company file.
- While opening any window in QuickBooks
- It happens When the user attempts to open a company facility.
- During the process to save a transaction it shows error 31600.
- Verifying or rebuilding properties
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 31600?
In the below-listed steps, we have successfully given all the possible reasons which can quickly resolve QuickBooks Error Message 31600:
Solution 1:- The number of users has been limited
Change in numbers is one of the other reasons for QuickBooks Error 31600. To fix this, follow the instructions.
- First of all, open your QB Desktop, and move to the company.
- Then, select the user number and password.
- Now, on the Enterprise version, choose the Company section and select users.
- After that, Select Option, and choose Set Up Users and Roles.
- Click on Add and fill in all the details. Click on Next.
- Finally, you can customize the account accordingly. Then, at last, Select Finish.
Related Error: – QUICKBOOKS ERROR PS038- TRY THESE EFFECTIVE TROUBLESHOOTING METHODS
Solution 2: – Click the QB Desktop While starting.
Press desktop when you are starting QB.
- At first, press and hold the Control Key.
- Now, double click on the QuickBooks icon.
- When you have the company open window, hold down the control key.
Click on the desktop when opening the company file.
The first thing to do is click and choose the Desired company file and not make any company open the window. Then, hold the ‘Alt key‘on your keyboard after this click ‘Open‘. Now if you are asked to login in then remove the key and enter your ‘login details. After all that, you shouldn’t press the ‘Alt key‘until and unless the file is completely open, now hold down the ‘Alt key‘ and click on ‘OK‘. Once you do this you will get a blank screen on QuickBooks. If you can highlight a ‘QuickBooks menu through your pointer, your QuickBooks file will open.
Solution 3: – Create a New Window User
You can also create a new window, which can fix your problem. Follow the steps given below to fix QuickBooks Error Code 31600.
- Launch the Control Panel.
- On User Icon choose for Create New User Option.
- Then, select Administrator.
- After that, Log out from the existing user.
- Restart your computer and then log in as a new user that you have created.
- Then, On the desktop move your company file.
- Access the company file by opening the QuickBooks Application.
Solution 4: – Download and then install the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Close the QuickBooks application for some time.
- Then, download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub, and save the file where you can easily find the file.
- After that, launch the file that you have just downloaded.
- Install the file by following the given instructions that are shown on your computer screen and agree to the terms and conditions.
- By double-clicking the icon on your Windows Desktop, Launch the Tool.
Solution 5: – Create a new server
If users create a new server, then there is a strong possibility to fix this error. Follow the below steps to Create a New Server:
At first, open the QB Desktop, and then select Service Manager, then go to Computer Management.
After that, on the Computer Management, choose Expand local groups and users. New window will appear, select the groups according to your requirement then, you would have to change the properties. Double-click on Admin Properties and open it.
Now open the Administrator group by double-clicking on them. The Administrator group window will appear, select Add. move and click on computer, and go to Service account or select Group window, a window will appear, in it select the user number. At last, assign a type to the account, which has to be added to the groups of administrators. Finally, select OK.
Solution 6: – In QuickBooks, change the names of the CPS Folder
Here, we will rename the CPS Folder, and these are steps to do that: –
- First of all, close the QuickBooks desktop and then go to your home screen.
- Press Windows + E key on your keyboard to open the File Explorer.
- Then, Click on This PC and then navigate to the C: Drive.
- Then, Search for the Program Files (x86) folder and then open it.
- Then move to the QB folder for the current version running on your device.
- Then, click on the Components folder and then search for the Payroll Folder.
- Right-click on the CPS folder and then rename it.
- At the end of the folder name, enter OLD.
- And finally, Now goes back to the QB screen to create a new CPS folder and then download the payroll update.
You Might Also Like: HOW TO RESOLVE QUICKBOOKS ERROR OL-222 EFFORTLESSLY?
In this article, I have shown the detailed methods to resolve the QuickBooks error 31600. By following these methods, I assume that you have fixed your error 31600, but if you still facing the same issue after applying these methods, I suggest you contact our technical support team by dialing our toll-free number +1(800) 280-5969.