QuickBooks Error H101 is a technical interruption that usually occurs when users attempt to access the business enterprise folder or files that is located on another system. Hence accessing that specific File requires a different arrangement, and if it accomplishes not match, then the error may happen. To resolve this error you need to stay connected with this informative article.
QuickBooks Error H101
QuickBooks is an accounting software that can be operated in multi-user mode or on a server network. Multi-user mode implies that there is a network of computers/workstations led by a host computer. The error in the title also arises when workstations try to access any file. QuickBooks Error H101 is a message of technical interruption. It will surface when users try to access the business enterprise folder or files that are located on another system. In order to access such a file requires additional configuration and if this requirement is not met then the above error arises.
However, If you have questions about these errors H101, feel free to ask out support team by dialing +1(800) 280-5969. Our QuickBooks proAdvisor experts will look forward to your concern and solve your problems quickly.
Why QuickBooks Error H101 Appears
QuickBooks Desktop Error H101 occurs due to various reasons. One of them is due to Damaged or incorrect files configuration, and there are some other reasons that will discuss here.
A QuickBooks Error Message H101 displayed on your screen as well as error H202 like-
Error code H101 Might Appear Due To The Following Reason
As we have discussed above, QuickBooks Error H101 is more of a network-related issue, a few of the reasons are given below:
- Improper DNS settings
- The user hasn’t set the host settings properly
- The user hasn’t started QuickBooks services
- Firewall settings are causing the error
- Damaged or corrupted file configuration
- Issues in Database Server Manager
- QuickBooks is unable to fetch the IP address
Causes of QB Error H101 in Brief
Now let’s start to point out the strong causes behind the appearance of error code H101. Thereafter we will short out these types of glitches in very simple steps.
- First, the user’s personal computer cannot connect with the Server to open the company file.
- The error H101 can also occur if QuickBooks firewall settings block access to company files.
- Conflicting QuickBooks Database Manager conflicts with DNS Server.
- QuickBooks is not able to get the IP address of your system.
- Damaged or incorrect.ND files configuration will allow QuickBooks to access company files in a network.
- The error appears on the screen when the File is located in none installed server.
Important Points to Remember
- First of all, make sure that QuickBooks is Installed on the Server Computer.
- Then, Confirm that the QuickBooks software is installed on the server before you initiate.
- It could be possible that it is installed with or without a license. If the QuickBooks application is not installed on the server, you will be unable to use or access the multi-user environment.
- At last, you can even download the QuickBooks software from the official Intuit website.
Time To Figure out Troubleshooting Steps of Error Code H101?
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error H101?
For an error like QuickBooks Error H101, there are several steps that one might attempt. A list is given below:
- Verify QuickBooks services
- Verify Hosting
- Build a new folder for your company file
- Running QuickBooks File Doctor tool
- Utilize the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- Move your company file to a different location
To resolve the error QuickBooks Error H101 efficiently and quickly, follow the below-mentioned steps:
Step: 1- At First, Verify Hosting
- At the start, you need to open the QuickBooks software on every computer.
- After that, you have to select the file and click on utilities.
- If you see Host Multi-User Access on the list, you can go to the next PC. No need to make any modifications in case you see Host Multi-User Access.
- You need to select the “Stop Hosting Multi-User Access” icon.
- Finally, you have to repeat the steps mentioned above on every system.
Step: 2- Use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- First of all, navigate to the server system (a system that has physically stored the QuickBooks company file).
- Then, in the server machine (system hosting the QuickBooks company files), click on the “Start” icon & type in the database.
- Click the QuickBooks Database Server Manager(QBDSM).
- In any situation, no folder locations are shown then hit the “Browse” icon & search the QB folder where company files are stored.
- Click on the “OK” tab.
- Click on the “Start Scan” option, this will repair the firewall permissions & allows the QuickBooks application to converse over the network and fix the QuickBooks error.
- Once it is completed, hit the “Close” icon & later, attempt to open the QuickBooks applications in Multi-User mode on one or more workstations.
Step: 3- Now, you need to Create a New Folder For Your Company File
- First of all, create a new folder and share it on the hosting computer.
- Now, set windows to get the entry for sharing company files.
- copy the “.qbw file” to the new folder.
- At last, open the company files in multi-user mode.
Step: 4- Verify QuickBooks Services
- To begin with, you need to press the Windows Key button +R for opening the run box.
- Then after you need to type services.MSc and press Enter.
- After that, you have to scroll down the mouse and search for the QuickBooksDBXX service in the services window.
- Then after make sure the start-up type is set to automatic and the service status is running.
- Now, click on the recovery tab.
- Afterward, you need to click the drop-down menu for the first failure to choose to restart the Service.
- In case, if it fails, you are required to do the same for the Second failure and Subsequent failures.
- Save the changes by clicking ok.
- Then after, you need to repeat steps 1-6 for the QBCFMonitorService.
- At last, you need to open QuickBooks on every affected workstation, in multi-user mode.
Step: 5- Now, Add the server into the Windows hosts file
- Firstly, all you need to find the IP address and computer name of the server & workstation
- Press the “Windows + R” keys to open the Run window on the Server.
- Now type cmd and hit Enter to open a Command Prompt window.
- Type ipconfig /all and then hit Enter and take note of the Host Name and the IP Address.
- Repeat steps 1-4 on any additional computer connected to the server.
- Edit Windows hosts file
Step: 6- Stop Multi-User Access on the Workstations
If you face an H101 error code with one or more workstations that means apart from the server you set to host multi-user mode on the workstations too.
Your server should be the only computer where multi-user mode should be enabled.
To turn off the host multi-user access on the workstation:
- First of all, open QuickBooks where you’re facing QB H101 error code
- Go to File> Utilities
- If you see Stop Hosting Multi-User Access… is an option, select it that may be causing this problem to you. You need to follow the same steps with the other workstations.
- At last, Host Multi-User Access… is an option don’t select it, and no need to do anything. Move to the other workstation.
Step: 7- Running QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The QB File Doctor tool helps in detecting the error itself. Also, it successfully troubleshoots QuickBooks’ errors. You can download the QuickBooks File Doctor tool on your computer and once it is installed, you can run the application. This way the tool will complete the purpose of fixing error code H101.
In the final segment, we can say that QuickBooks H101 is a minor technical glitch for which reconfiguration of settings is the way to solve things. To evade this error, users will have to verify and repair their services, and hosting and need to scan the system. The best way to avoid this error is to constantly check the multi-user mode so that it is properly established. If you feel stuck at any part of the article or require additional assistance, you can always opt for our on-call support service via our certified experts at +1(800) 280-5969.